Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Black GT and I wanted to put new wheels on it. I was thinking 18" black with a chrome lip, but im not too sure. If anyone has any suggestions on what looks really good, that would be great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
go to the thread that's titled "new pics of the batmobile" and you'll see my black GT with 20 inch black with chrome lips. Might give you a good idea what yours would look like.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Same thing here... I have narrowed it down to two choices. TSW Thruxton or Foose Nitrous (Gun Metal). Both in 20x8.5 and 20x10. Some pics are below...

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
nbk13nw said:
Same thing here... I have narrowed it down to two choices. TSW Thruxton or Foose Nitrous (Gun Metal). Both in 20x8.5 and 20x10. Some pics are below...

What exactly is the Foose website?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
nbk13nw said:
The foose wheels are nice, the only problem is they are getting to be very common because of overhaulin' and the foose Stallion comming out. I went with the konig beyonds because of the price and the graphite color and machined face gave it that retro look also. I dont know what your budget is, but if I were to put some wheels and price is not an object, i would go with HRE's and have them custom made and powdercoat the face with the color of your car. Black I asume.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a set of Boze Stixx on my '05 before I sold it. 18x9 front, 18x10 rear.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just going plus sizes on the wheels will not require any suspension changes. But going to 35's or 30's will make the ride a bit harsher.. maybe some dampers to smooth things out later if the ride bothers you. Also, with lowering springs the dampers will surely help.

TorchRedStang5 said:
Does anyone know if u would have to mess with the suspension if you put the 19inch Foose Wheels on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi 06BlackGT,

I also have a Black GT, I installed Ford Racing 17x8 Black Bullit Wheels on my car (I re-used the stock Pirelli Tires), here's few pictures and a link for more pitcures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/317739698bNkqGi

Good Luck in your wheel selection.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
05BlackGT said:
Hi 06BlackGT,

I also have a Black GT, I installed Ford Racing 17x8 Black Bullit Wheels on my car (I re-used the stock Pirelli Tires), here's few pictures and a link for more pitcures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/317739698bNkqGi

Good Luck in your wheel selection.
Sweet!!!!!
Would those look good on mine????? Black on yellow and all...

·
Registered
43 Posts
JEB,

I think your Screaming Yellow Mustang would look great with Black Bullit Wheels.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you want to see some awsome deep dish rims check out the pics in my member gallery.

·
Registered
191 Posts
MAN YOUR CAR LOOKS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER WITH THE DEEP WHEELS..........MONEY WELL SPENT......AND THAT PAINT JUMPS OFF THE PAGE..........GREAT COLOR COMBO.........:cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a black 05 GT, and I'm ordering my wheels next week. I'm going with the Foose Nitrous wheels (however I found a place that sells the wheel in a different finish than what is on the Foose website. Sorry fellas, can't tell you until I get them on). But I promise, they will be BAD-ASS!

·
Registered
538 Posts
darkdayz said:
MAN YOUR CAR LOOKS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER WITH THE DEEP WHEELS..........MONEY WELL SPENT......AND THAT PAINT JUMPS OFF THE PAGE..........GREAT COLOR COMBO.........:cool:
Thanks- Tires and rims were around 2k but I also think its well worth it. Your Stang sounds sweet too. Any pics. Is the hurst worth it? I was thinking of that for my next mod. I use zaino products for the upkeep.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.