Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea as to when the 69 to 70 production switch took place (Veronica)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It varied slightly between the 3 plants but it was the first or second week of August that they would retool. A few (15-20?) new model year cars would have been built in July (usually a 4G date code) for publicity and advertising before the current model year production ceased. Some of these cars may have been sold to the public after they weren't needed anymore by Ford, magazines, ect.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. My 69 Mach 1 has a late June, 69 build date. I was wondering how close it was to the end of production for 69.

All the best!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I had a similar wonder with my build sheet heres what I do know the sched date on the build sheet is 27L= dec. 27 with last part of the vin being 159641 of some 607000 built in 1966 so is that dec. 65 or 66.
That would be Dec of 65. Car model year is different from callender year. Car model years start in August/September and back then Ford retooled around the second week of August for the new model years. In Dec of 66 the 67 model year was well under way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.