Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 4 weeks. But my dealer assured me everything is on time. Still no VIN. what do you all think? Am I being crazy for calling?:kooky:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ordered my car on June 8th, and went back to the dealer on June 15th for an update and they gave me my build sheet with the VIN number and the order number on it. So it only took a week to get my VIN. (And according to the guy I talked to at the dealer, since my sales guy was on vacation, they definitely would have had the VIN within that first week anyway).

I'd keep calling, I know if I hadn't gotten my VIN yet I'd be going crazy. It seems like I got a VIN a lot sooner than many other people on here have.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ordered my 2011 on 5/25 and just got my VIN 6/22...I need a site to check the status of the car via the VIN...Keep calling and make sure they keep you updated...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got my VIN 10 days after the order. The VIN comes about 8 days before the build date, so maybe your car's build date is later than next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my 2011 V6 premium on 5/3 and I still don't have a VIN. I'm getting worried here. My sales associate says that they won't have a VIN until 2 months after I ordered and Ford CS says that my vehicle is still in order processing. Please tell me other people have experienced this.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I saw in a thread earlier some way to tell the priority of the order but cant find it now ... where would I find the priority at?

·
Registered
244 Posts
it says "priority" and a number on your order, or on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). If you don't have a copy of your order, you can ask the dealer for the DORA.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i was promised a car in 6 weeks. Its been a month. If they don't even have a vin yet and I don't get my car in 6 weeks they will have a possible order cancellation. I dont take being lied to very well, and as I have already gotten a little ******** from them in regards to tracking my order, we will have to see what happens. And silky, what kind of stang did u order? from my observations the lower the model the fast ur gunna get it. I have a base v6 convert so i have high hopes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
it says "priority" and a number on your order, or on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). If you don't have a copy of your order, you can ask the dealer for the DORA.
What determines priority? What is the priority ranking? My DORA priority is 10......good or bad?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered a V6 premium coupe with 3.31 rear axle, pony pkg, 1/4 louvers, side scoops and rear decklid trim. I was told I should have the car in 8-10 weeks at the very most. as of today, it's been 7 weeks and 2 days since I placed my order. according to Ford CS, they say that my vehicle is still in order processing, but will have more info once they receive the VIN. I assume that once the vehicle is built and hits the rails, it will take approx 2 weeks for delivery?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well i was promised a car in 6 weeks.
I dont know why they'd actually promise you it in 6 weeks. Our dealer told us 6-8 weeks, but that he couldn't promise it to us, as it wasn't in his hands. (We had told him we need it by 8/14 or the deal will be off because we'll be f'd ... a big point is to use this car for a cross-country trip.)

So far it seems to be going well, I hope it stays on the fast track its been on - current scheduled ETA is 3 days before 6 weeks. All these waiting stories worry me! Ours is a base V6 coupe with the 101A package and 3.31s.

Did you get a copy of the build sheet from the dealer with an order number on it at least? I went to get that and it ended up having the VIN on it. My sales guy had actually told me we didn't have a VIN or anything yet when I asked him, but the day before I had gone and gotten it from the fleet manager who was covering for him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is what I'm seeing
Ordered 6/8
VIN 6/16
Built 6/24
ETA 7/12

So far so good...

Regards,
EddieZ
Austin, Tx