Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title says, does anyone know when job 2 starts? I've missed the boat on ordering the car I want, a Kona blue v6 premium Performance pack, because the Japan disaster has halted the production on Kona blue vehicles (read this on a different forum). So I'll have to either go with my second choice, Sterling gray (coming back in job 2) or buy a MCA Kona that I've found on the lot and go without the perf. pack.

I'd like to have the PP, but I can see myself upgrading most of the parts it provides in the much LATER future, so I'm kind of torn, a Kona non PP that I can have NOW, or a SG PP that I would have to wait for...

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
There is nothing to say that Kona won't be back in production if they can find an alternate source or if Japan production comes back up to speed.

And from what I'm told the dealer can order sterling gray now but it may be some time before it gets scheduled.

But to answer the main question, Job2 will probably be about the same as last year, in August.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True enough, Kona seems to be a popular color, if they can bring it back I'm sure they will. I guess it comes down to how long I want to wait.. lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Have you confirmed with a dealer that you can't order a Kona Blue stang anymore? Mine is slated to be built the week of 6/13, so they're not out of the color quite just yet. I knew that there was an issue with the pigment from Japan being in short supply, but this is the first I've heard of being unable to order Kona Blue.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I would also have a dealer or Ford Customer Service do a search for a Kona PP car, never know, there may be one that you can get shipped in from another dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.