Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that if I get it serviced at the dealer, that they can reset the computer and jack up my car if I do it there without resetting to stock prior. Is it the same if I did it somewhere else? Wasn't sure if other places had the ability to reset the computer.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Most other places do not have the equipment to do so, and would probably charge if they did. The dealer usually will only do it without asking if it is still under warranty and there is an update.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Ya Dont Trust The Dealers, dont worry about the other Guy's they cant do it.
The Dealer will Flash Your Computer most anytime there's work done even if there's no up-dates, and if they do there suppos-to put a new (Sticker) on your Computer, most of the time they dont. That's what your (Stradegy Tune) is for, just in case they Flash it and your stuck with a Stang that does'nt run right.
If you need Warranty Work done make sure you tell the Dealer to NOT Flash Your Computer. If it's work that you think will VOID your Warranty then it's best to put back on your Factory Stock Air Box and Re-Flash your Computer back to your Stock Tune.
If the Dealer is Suspicious of you having a CAI and Tune in your Stang because your Computer is (Fresh) with no data in it, just tell them your Battery went Dead, you changed your battery or you dis-connected your battery for storage and they wont be able to prove that you had a CAI and Tune on it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! I'll keep that in mind. I'm well over the warranty period.. Probably just get it serviced somewhere else for good measure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts