Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where are the spark plugs attached? Are they attached to the cylinder head or the engine block itself? Just curious because I want to run the volvo B234F DOHC with Dual Plugs n/a setup and I was wondering if this setup is possible cuz i have heard its a lot harder to convert it to turbo and I don't want to hassle with a turbo just want to hassle with the engine I got.

Thanks a lot. I know one thing I will have a real hard time with - is the timing of everything but once I get it down it will be awesome and I know it would probably get around or over 200HP but my goal is 250HP possible

·
Banned
392 Posts
Head.

(Damn,can't even give a short answer, Gotta be 15 characters or more for a reply?)

·
Registered
826 Posts
My personal opion is that if you don't know where the spark plugs are by opening the hood and looking...and can't tell they go in the head...i don't think you should be working on your car by yourself...you might wanna call one of your buddies to help you out!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought they were attached to the cylinder head but my other freind keeps telling me that they were attached to the engine block lol and i know if that was the case the piston would be slamming into that spark plug on its way up during compression but figures drunk people:so

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I don't know of anyone who would say the Volvo swap was easier than the turbo swap while sober. By the time you finish modifying the head so it will fit the block, modifying the timing belt setup so it will work with the head, fabricating custom intake and exhaust manifolds, and getting it to run, a guy could finish a turbo job, help a friend finish his, replace two head gaskets after fiddling with boost pressures, and still have money left over to buy beer for him and the friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.