Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my 00 GT two days ago and I'm trying to tune her up. She has 63k miles and I just changed the oil. The coolant was NASTY so I'm trying to flush the entire system. But can some one please tell me where the coolant plugs are on the block? I was told that they are around the oil pan area but I can't find them! Pictures would be VERY helpful. Also, what else should I do for the tune up? What do the dealerships do for the 60k mile tune up? I'm pretty sure the previous owner didn't have the car inspected. Thanks for any help!

Tanner

·
Registered
162 Posts
60k mile tune up, well you could change all your fluids, and filters, then change your manifolds to long tube headers, with an o/r x-pipe, and your choice catback. And add a blower, with a 75mm throttle body and a matching plenum and get a good tuner to go with it all. And that old shifter is probably used up pretty good, it should be replaced with a short throw shifter. And when you change your differential fluid, you should toss in a set of new gears and all. That should help pep it up and make it feel like a totally new car :thumbsup

·
Banned
918 Posts
Like I mentioned per our aim convo that having someone flush it is better than letting it drain out via gravity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.