Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im taking out the rockers, torque boxes and floor pans out of my 68 and I need to get one of those braces that keeps the car from sagging without the doors on. Where can I buy these things?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I need to get one of those braces that keeps the car from sagging without the doors on.
The doors are not what keeps the car from sagging in the middle. At least they SHOULDN'T be doing that. Neither end of the door touches anything if properly aligned. Only the hinges, the weatherstrip and the latch touch anything. If that is what's holding your car up - you've got problems. If they did, when you opened the door the car would collapse.

Replacing the doors with a bolted in brace will do what you want but I can't think of how you can do that and still have a usable door.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright but i plan to do this because it is standard procedure for when you begin to cut the frame up so im really just asking where i can buy one of these braces. And they are tack welded on not bolted. The doors arent holding the car up but the rockers are so by removing the rockers the weight shifts to the door. this isnt a question of if they are useful its just a question of where i can buy some.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Just get some thick metal and weld it on to brace the doors and put a big x in the middle of the car too.The sell bolt on door braces but its cheaper to just weld something to them.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but if i felt so inclined to find one where could I?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.