Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up, I wanted to know if you guys know where I can get a *complete* supercharger kit for my 96V6 5spd. *I mean complete

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the procharger kit, its says its capable of 11psi, is that to much for a stock motor with 180,000 miles? What will I have to upgrade???????HELP!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
At 11psi with 180k on your motor your motor will take a crap as soon as you get on the gas. Seriously. You need at least forged pistons (not necessarily rods) in order to get 11psi on your motor. You "could" do stock hypers but they wouldn't last long at all.

Either go with a h/c/i swap for the amount of money you would spend on a supercharger, and hope your stock internals will hold up, or get a forged shortblock, and then do the supercharger. I would do a lower mileage engine from a junkyard, and then do a split port h/c/i swap.

No offense to this site, but v6power.net has a bunch of tech info for v6 stangs. Kscoyote on here does a good job of tech stuff.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
v6fordmustang95 said:
At 11psi with 180k on your motor your motor will take a crap as soon as you get on the gas. Seriously. You need at least forged pistons (not necessarily rods) in order to get 11psi on your motor. You "could" do stock hypers but they wouldn't last long at all.

Either go with a h/c/i swap for the amount of money you would spend on a supercharger, and hope your stock internals will hold up, or get a forged shortblock, and then do the supercharger. I would do a lower mileage engine from a junkyard, and then do a split port h/c/i swap.

No offense to this site, but v6power.net has a bunch of tech info for v6 stangs. Kscoyote on here does a good job of tech stuff.

the ATI can do it because of the intercooler. but on 180,000 miles, I'd rebuild the engine before doing anything.

You can pick up a complete T-Bird SC engine from O'Reillys for 1800, or pick up a low mileage 01+ v6 engine for around 4-600 dollars. If you go with the SC engine, sell off the heads and everything else but the block, and the block's almost free, swap your own heads, and you're ready for the SC.

Either will be better for supercharging. Internals on the pre-99 Mustang V6 are not very strong. It will take the boost, but you're better off just swapping to at least the block from 01+ Mustangs or the T-Bird SC.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
As an overall package goes, the 01+ is probably your best bet. unless you want to port and polish you existing heads and intake.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, im probably just better off changing the engine out.:sosad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.