Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so im going duals soon i've been saving up and i almost have the cash :) I decided that if im going dual i want a set of shortys as well to complete the package.

i've been looking on ebay and our site sponsors and i cant find any in my price range. I know a couple of you guys got a generic set off of ebay for 129 but i cant find them anywhere:nono: Could you guys let me know where you got your from and the name of the company so i can look some more
Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
if I remember correctly I got mine from JBA direct. Ceramic coated shorty headers direct bolt in swap no problems. Lots will say ebay has em just have to search the right words. Also American Muscle and blueoval industries. Lots of choices and prices.
my ceramic coated ones were spendy but still look look new after 3 years

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have Pypes stainless shorty headers, but u can get a set of pacesetter longtubes for the price of shorty headers

·
Registered
531 Posts
i got the m2 headers off ebay. they had to be modified a little but they work fine and definitely made the sound more hollow and a little more power. its just not worth spending $300 for the same product you could get for $120

·
Registered
448 Posts
eBay. Didn't want to spend a bunch in case I decide to go longtubes in the future. But I've got a lot more stuff to do to (sort of) prevent the raspiness that comes with those.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i got the m2 headers off ebay. they had to be modified a little but they work fine and definitely made the sound more hollow and a little more power. its just not worth spending $300 for the same product you could get for $120
i dont really get that. i bought some generic headers off ebay, i didnt have to modify anything with them. direct replacement. i would have to dig around to see who the seller was, but they are all the same as far as i know.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i dont really get that. i bought some generic headers off ebay, i didnt have to modify anything with them. direct replacement. i would have to dig around to see who the seller was, but they are all the same as far as i know.
there were extra holes on the gaskets and headers. the shop said they had to trim it down with a grinder.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks for your help. amustangrocks thanks for the link just bought my set now paid just over a $100 shipped so stoked to get them on.

Quick question how hard are they to put on?

·
Registered
448 Posts
the EGR pipe/nut is a bear to work with but do able
Very true. I would leave the egr attached to the stocker and pulled it all at once, and put it on the new header before it goes in. Makes it easier to get it tight. Mine kept coming loose because I didn't think of doing that til afterwards...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts