Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I just got off the phone with a big local Ford dealer. I called asking for a labor price on 3.73s and a T-Lok. After being sent to like 9 different people, the last one told me that they stay away from modifications and only do repairs to the back end. So where should I go to get these done? Should I try another dealer or what kind of independent mechanic would do this? If anyone lives in or around Wichita, KS that would be amazing!! LOL, thanks a lot for any help!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I asked my local Ford dealer about putting new rear gears in my 05... The service rep guy goes and talks to the tech... The rep comes back and tells me that basically the tech told him to quote 8 hours labor since the tech didn't know how long it would take since he'ld never done one... hmmmm... didn't give me a warm fuzzy... LOL!

Are there any "performance" shops around? I would call them and ask if they do the swaps. If they do the swaps, how often and how much? Maybe ask for references. If they don't do it, who do they recommend.... Might want to try some different tranny shops and see who'ld they recommend...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hey Red99 I talkes with Carlos and we can install the T-lok, only if you get the gears put on the T-lok first as we do not have the alignment for that, and in our policy we cant touch the gearing on a customers car, becuase there are so many things that could go wrong. If the gears are aligned on the T-lok, shouldnt have to disassemble the rear end for that at the dealership I dont think. We will install the T-lok for you if you would like.
By T-lok I mean the differential your getting.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
fishingjts said:
I asked my local Ford dealer about putting new rear gears in my 05... The service rep guy goes and talks to the tech... The rep comes back and tells me that basically the tech told him to quote 8 hours labor since the tech didn't know how long it would take since he'ld never done one... hmmmm... didn't give me a warm fuzzy... LOL!

Are there any "performance" shops around? I would call them and ask if they do the swaps. If they do the swaps, how often and how much? Maybe ask for references. If they don't do it, who do they recommend.... Might want to try some different tranny shops and see who'ld they recommend...

there aren't many folks who can do it, anymore. Mainly oldtimers. It took me 6 mos to find someone, and then 2 mos to find the cheapest.

Best bet is to ask around whenever you see street racers . . .

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
lcurle said:
Hey Red99 I talkes with Carlos and we can install the T-lok, only if you get the gears put on the T-lok first as we do not have the alignment for that, and in our policy we cant touch the gearing on a customers car, becuase there are so many things that could go wrong. If the gears are aligned on the T-lok, shouldnt have to disassemble the rear end for that at the dealership I dont think. We will install the T-lok for you if you would like.
By T-lok I mean the differential your getting.
cool! I forget you were in wichita, now .. .

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yuppers, waiting to move all the stuff into the place if this one becomes availible (crosses pistons). Its a nice little place, perfect for what we do. Were trying to market your Mass Air housing, but not having very much luck with it yet, going t take pictures and post on the website and a few forums first to see if anyone would be interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.