Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 07 mustang it had some nasty looking round "Mustang" stickers where the pony emblems should be on the quarter panels. I bought a new left and right tribar pony emblem and was hoping the guide holes where going to be under the stickers... they were not. Going to have to shave guide pins off the emblems cause I don't wanna punch any holes in the body.

Question is... does somebody wanna go outside to your mustang and give me some measurements so I get these things close to where stock is? Any help would be appreciated. Going to have to shave guide pins off the emblems cause I dont anna punch any holes in the body.

·
Registered
568 Posts
When I bought my 07 mustang it had some nasty looking round "Mustang" stickers where the pony emblems should be on the quarter panels. I bought a new left and right tribar pony emblem and was hoping the guide holes where going to be under the stickers... they were not. Going to have to shave guide pins off the emblems cause I don't wanna punch any holes in the body.
Weird! I'd be interested in seeing the sticker. I've never seen one of those before.

If it helps at all, I took some pictures of the alignment holes when I pulled my GT badges off and put in the 1965 badges:

Tim Simkins' Website

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yuck... Those are pretty awful! Good call on going with the ponies!

For what its worth, I *think* the holes for the GT are the same as the V6 ponies.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully somebody with a GT will jump on this tonight while I am working and get some measurements. I have a good idea, just want them as close as possible.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Horizontl, 15.5 cm from the fender edge to center of GT.
And vertical 15.5 from crease in fender to center of GT. That should help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good call on the emblems.

I have the pky, mine measure.

Top of fender (by the hood) down 15 1/4" middle of pony body emblem.

From back of fender (by the door) 6" middle of pony body emblem

Check my gallery.

Hope this is what your after.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Our GT emblems are mounted through holes in the fenders? I thought the OEM's just used double sided tape to mount emblems now. I thought they gave up the post and holes years ago because of the potential rust issue.

Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our GT emblems are mounted through holes in the fenders? I thought the OEM's just used double sided tape to mount emblems now. I thought they gave up the post and holes years ago because of the potential rust issue.

Mark
Yes I think they still have pins.... My 05-09 OEM ponies came with offset pins.

Thanks for all the info... will be sticking the ponies on tomorrow now that I have a good starting point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.