Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting aside any ones opinion of an electric supercharger for now- I bought one for my 1992 mustang 5.0 LX that came with an eprom performance chip and I can't figure out where to install it? I got into the cars ECU, through way of the passenger side foot panel. The eprom chip that I received has 14 prongs on each side and won’t connect to the J3 test port? Where does this chip go? :headscratch:
and yes after all is installed and running I'll let ya'll know if I got any significant power gains.

Attachments

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Seems like it should go into the service port on the side of the computer. It won't plug in there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put 3 thumbnail pics on my first post. the first is the J3 port- is this what you mean by service port? the 3rd thumbnail is a picture of an eprom similar to what mine looks like- so no they don't connect. The middle thumbnail is a pic of what type of connection I need to use to connect to the J3 port and I was wondering if these have a name and are commonly used to connect eproms to the J3 port or am I way off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eprom chip??? where does it go

putting aside any ones opinion of an electric supercharger for now- I bought one for my 1992 mustang 5.0 LX that came with an eprom performance chip and I can't figure out where to install it? I got into the cars ECU, through way of the passenger side foot panel. But I can't figure out where this chip goes? :headscratch:
I've included 3 pics. the first is the J3 port- or service port on the ECU? the 2nd pic is of an eprom similar to what mine looks like- so you can see they don't directly connect. The 3rd pic is of what type of connection I would need to connect to the J3 port and I was wondering if these have a name and are commonly used to connect eproms to the J3 port or am I way off?
and yes after all is installed and running I'll let ya'll know if I got any significant power gains.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.