Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 2010 Mustang GT says it has 315hp which is 15 more than the previous 4.6Ls. Anyone know what they added? Also heard that the 2011 Mustang GT is going to come with with a 5.0 with over 400hp. Sounds like we'll either need to trade in or step it up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
No, I think it is a closed airbox like 2009 and previous but I think it's bigger with a bigger MAF. IT was rumored to be the Bullitt intake but don't think it ended up that way.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
+1, if Ford tweeked the tune, it would get another 15HP right there. I know when i got my 05 GT, stock, it felt slow till i got the CAI and tune.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
It gets the same exact engine the 08 Bullitt has, which isnt much of a difference. Basically just the intake. And yes Ive also heard the rumors about a 400hp 5.0 coming for the 2011 models.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
it actually has a cold air intake except its held inside of an enclosed housing. I have yet to pull it apart and examine it but i'd imagine its much like the AEM CAI's for the 2005-09 mustangs.

And the 5.0 is supposed to be a 4V 400 N/A monster. But with the EPA, its a guessing game at this stage.... It will cost a lot more money for it, but it will be worth it. I just wish they'd bring it back with the Corba R trim. Nothing but bare bones. Big old engine and a manual trans :D

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It's supposed to be CAI plus Bullitt tune.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I believe the 2010 tune can also pull and add timing more aggressively than previously models. (Adaptive tune, right?) That way Ford can still recommend 87 octane, while posting the horsepower rating for premium fuel.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So basically the extra hp is no big deal. Nothing a CAI and a tune wouldn't easily compensate for. That's cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.