Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2006 v8 have an egr valve if so where is it located?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My 07 does. It's directly across from the driver side valve cover on the fender. The black plastic piece that's either made in Mexico or Canada.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
That is not an EGR valve. It is an Evaporative Emission Cannister Purge Valve. An EGR would have a connection to the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
For the 2005 Mustang GT, the following link shows that those with either a BKT2 or BKT3 code(autos?) have an EGR valve, and those with either a CDC2 or CDC3 code(manuals?) do not have an EGR valve. FWIW, my 05 manual GT does not have an EGR valve.
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=4

I don't know how this plays out for 06 and later models?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
That is not an EGR valve. It is an Evaporative Emission Cannister Purge Valve. An EGR would have a connection to the exhaust manifold.

That's what I thought too. It does have a connection to the intake which an EGR valve does. I just never followed where the other hose coming into the valve came from. Still not sure where it comes from :headscratch:.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
That's what I thought too. It does have a connection to the intake which an EGR valve does. I just never followed where the other hose coming into the valve came from. Still not sure where it comes from :headscratch:.
It runs back to the cannister underneath the gas tank. It controls fuel vapor flow from the charcoal cannister back to the engine and is operated by engine vacuum.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Ahah! Learn something new on this car everyday. I still wonder if some 05+ models do have an EGR though because my PCM has thrown a code for EGR in the past when I was having some cam problems.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I wounder if its just Cali. cars?
That was my 1st thought too, but it states that all of them meet Calif. emission regulations. However, I did read on other forums that the BK codes are for autos, and the CD codes are for manuals. But I could not find any info as to why the autos require EGR's if those forums are correct.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Ahah! Learn something new on this car everyday. I still wonder if some 05+ models do have an EGR though because my PCM has thrown a code for EGR in the past when I was having some cam problems.
Didn't you say in another post that you had replaced that piece?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Didn't you say in another post that you had replaced that piece?
Yes, I did replace it because it was throwing a code for the EGR valve, but it turned out to be a false alert. It was actually a problem with my cam install. It was making that horrible sound due to not torquing the front cam seal all the way down. After I fixed that, it never came back.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Yes, I did replace it because it was throwing a code for the EGR valve, but it turned out to be a false alert. It was actually a problem with my cam install. It was making that horrible sound due to not torquing the front cam seal all the way down. After I fixed that, it never came back.
Do you recall if the p/n was 4R3Z9C915AA?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Do you recall if the p/n was 4R3Z9C915AA?

I don't think so. These are the numbers on the top of the original one which I'm pretty sure he used to look it up at the parts dept:

7U5A 9G641 FA 8302B - This one made in Mexico.

This is the part number off the new one I got:

7U5A 9G641 FA 7A31A - This one made in Canada.

IIRC he only used the characters from "FA" onward.

P.S. Anybody need a new one from Canada never used...$20. I think it was somewhere between $50 - $70 but don't quote me :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.