Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm driving it! This car is awesome! a real masterpiece.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Production started April 15th. That's about a month 1/2 ago. Dealers usually tell customers it takes 8 to 12 weeks to get a car from order, so even if someone ordered before April 15th, I am guessing that it is "acceptable", from Ford's point of view, to have to wait for the car up to 3 months from that date.

What is new, is that customers get much more information than before. People like JohnnyB give us information that we shouldn't have, but this information is just a status, it doesn't tell us why those cars are on hold. In order to satisfy our curiosity and vent our frustration, we gather "knowledge" from "sources" that have not been verified, and this upsets everyone even more.

Yes, we're paying a lot for those cars, yes, UPS can track a toothbrush travelling from Ohio to Nevada and give a daily status, yes every one would like to know what is Ramp 51, yes, we are comparing VINs and wondering why VIN 120 was delivered before VIN 106, yes, everyone who have been ordering before yesterday is anxious, jealous of the other dude who already got his car, etc etc.

Ford doesn't HAVE to tell us what's up with those cars. They're still on time. We see many getting shipped, things are moving.

Now that was my devil's advocate diatribe.

As a person, I wondered why my window sticker showed up one day later than the expected date. I am anxious to know if my car will be built on schedule. I will email JohnnyB on that date and ask for a status. If it is not built, I will yell at my computer, I will read all the possible Mustang forums and try to figure out why on earth my baby is one day late, two days late, a week late, I will blame Volcanos, electronic chips, Germans, aliens, the government, and demand that Ford gives me a valid reason for her not to be born yet. Why? Because I'm a person, because I'm so excited about this new car, because I was hoping that in 2010 Fomoco would give me much more status information than they used to. But the reality is that if my car is delivered before July 15th, then Ford actually made it within 12 weeks since the beginning of production, and me being impatient, angry, anxious, sad, etc..) was just me being human.
FALSE.

Dealers tell customers whatever they feel like. Often it is either based on their experiences or simply a SWAG. Mine told me 6-8 weeks. A far cry from 12. It's been 8 since I placed the order and nearly a month since the car was built. I told my salesman I wanted it by Memorial Day but that I also understood "sh!t happens" out of his control -- I just want to be kept in the loop. I have NOT been kept in the loop.

So if your dealer says "8-12 weeks" and you get it in 6, good on ya. But there is no "standard" answer for expected delivery dates, just to be clear.

·
Registered
482 Posts
:im confused: No idea, released for shipment 22 May and it vanished!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just spoke with Ford Customer Service and my Dealer's Rep. In short, Ford Customer service said the ETA was moved back 1 week, but the service rep said the cars are hold for quality assurance. I'd have to think many dealers are giving Ford heat for holding on delivery for the private orders, Ford should be getting the units sent soon. Most dealerships seem to be very frustrated and want to sell the cars also.

Hang in there, were all in this together. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just spoke with Ford Customer Service and my Dealer's Rep. In short, Ford Customer service said the ETA was moved back 1 week, but the service rep said the cars are hold for quality assurance. I'd have to think many dealers are giving Ford heat for holding on delivery for the private orders, Ford should be getting the units sent soon. Most dealerships seem to be very frustrated and want to sell the cars also.

Hang in there, were all in this together. :)
So what you're saying is... "no new news."

:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel so used :) . The ford customer service rep did say they expected my car to be at the dealership by 6/6 and made no mention of the hold. FWIW ;P

·
Registered
63 Posts
I called Ford CS earlier today for a status update on my GT and was told there's no update since 5/24/10. The car was ordered on 2/20/10, build on 5/10/10, ETA was 5/29/10. I call them once a week and thay are all very nice but no real answers have been provided since the car was built.

I have some ideas for changing Ford's 5 question customer service survey at the end of the call. But, I'll get in trouble with listing my replacement questions for Ford's survey on this site.

Jonny B been my best source for any updates, not the Dealer or Ford CS

·
Registered
893 Posts
In the words of Charlie Brown " good greif" this is getting old fast :(

when I asked my dealer about the status of my car,he said he never heard of ramp 51 and joked about it being area 51.This from the sales manager thats been there 15 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
JonnyB, thank you advance for your help,

VIN: 1ZVBP8AM4B5129737

Ordered my V6 on 4/29, called the dealer to know build scheduled on 6/07, no ETA yet.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
312 Posts
JonnyB, Time for my fix. please checkout VIN 1ZVBP8CFXB5124847 for me. Thanks for your dedication.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think Johnny B is off the radar.

·
Registered
209 Posts
god i hope not he is the only thing i got going for me on the location of my car the dealer is not very helpful its pretty bad when you know more than they do lets think positive and hope for thebest:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think now that word has gotten out, he's got entirely too many to do on a nightly basis. I for one have been holding myself back to one update every 4 days.

Makes you wonder, with so many people hooked into this guy now, I'm sure a Ford rep has heard about it. I wonder what they think...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Folks, please quit asking Jonny for updates EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. The plant only works 4 days a week -- Monday through Thursday. Some may ship the next 3 days but maybe, just maybe, you can wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for your update.

I'd rather have an update once or twice a week than to overwhelm the guy with "has my status changed since the last time I asked you an hour ago" message.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea, understood. Still would like to get my first update from JB. Dealer has no info for me but eta of the 9th. Im wondering if it's going to happen at all!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here is my vin:
1ZVBP8FFXB5117067

I was told it was built on 5/3/2010 should be shipped 5/12 and is now on ramp 51. Could you check and tell me where it is?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, don't kill yourself, JB, you're a nice guy, the world needs as many of those as it can get! ;) I for one am grateful for the updates given. It's more info than what I've gotten from anyone else. ;) I might suggest just to split them up and do half one night and half the next, or drop the updates to just once or twice a week perhaps.

221 - 240 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.