Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
That can't be true. My car was built on 5/20 and is being held. Others built on 5/20 have been delivered. Still others have been shipped but not yet delivered. Some cars with build dates after 5/20 have been shipped and received. That being the case, it cannot be true that ALL mustangs are on hold.

I just don't know what to believe any more other than Ford sucks when it comes to customer feedback.

I called today about mine and was told, in a nutshell, that my car (V6) was delayed because it shares a common component with the GT's that are on hold (all of them). None of this appears possible since SOME cars are being delivered.

Although process of elimination is starting to make me believe it's powertrain related to the manual transmission cars (not necessarily the tranny, though). Plenty of autos have made it out and a majority of the cars on the dealer lots seem to be autos. The manuals, however, seem to be merely trickling out and at least one has a clutch issue that Ford is aware of and is addressing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where is mine

Hi,
Would love to know where mine is. Dealer and Ford aren't helpful.

VIN #1ZVBP8CF9B5121986

Really appreciate any info

Thanks
Joel

·
Registered
40 Posts
JonnyB my pm got kicked back I guess every one is hitting you up for help. If you get a chance my vin is 1ZVBP8CF7B5127169 Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have a VIN of 1ZVBP8CF0B5130737. Would appreciate any info you can get. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello JonnyB,

Thank you for offering to track 2011 Mustangs for forum members. My VIN # is 1ZVBP8CF7B5118634

I greatly appreciate your help :worship

·
Registered
468 Posts
Guys, the wait is well worth it. I ordered on Jan 26th, took delivery on May 25th.
That is 17 WEEKS! I don't think there are too many of you who have waited that long. Be Patient, it is worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys, the wait is well worth it. I ordered on Jan 26th, took delivery on May 25th.
That is 17 WEEKS! I don't think there are too many of you who have waited that long. Be Patient, it is worth it!
At SEMA 2009, reps from Ford told me about the early ordering for the 2011s...
Spec'd the car 12/26/09, ordered accepted 1/19/10, built 5/14/10... been waiting since.

:cursing: I'm just beyond angry at the Ford BS of people ordering cars afterward that are driving around...
I know it's not the other owners fault, I just don't understand why Ford goes and brags about pre-selling 11,000 units opening day if they can't :cursing: ship 'em.
What's the purpose in ordering early? (my stupid mistake)

I was happy with my 2005 Mustang GT that I ordered in July of 2004 and received November of 2004. Prior to that purchase, I had only considered purchasing a new T-bird until I saw that dealers were marking them up +10k... I figured even with the competition out there, I would give Ford the business again and purchase a 2011 Mustang GT. Now with it sitting at AAI for who knows how long, I'm having second thoughts. It has until my birthday next month to get here before I consider my other options.

:end rant:

This is in no way directed at you Dewracer007, I'm just :fuming: and I hope someone at Ford sees it... not that it'll make any difference -I'm just one buyer :sosad:

·
Registered
183 Posts
At SEMA 2009, reps from Ford told me about the early ordering for the 2011s...
Spec'd the car 12/26/09, ordered accepted 1/19/10, built 5/14/10... been waiting since.

:cursing: I'm just beyond angry at the Ford BS of people ordering cars afterward that are driving around...
I know it's not the other owners fault, I just don't understand why Ford goes and brags about pre-selling 11,000 units opening day if they can't :cursing: ship 'em.
What's the purpose in ordering early? (my stupid mistake)

I was happy with my 2005 Mustang GT that I ordered in July of 2004 and received November of 2004. Prior to that purchase, I had only considered purchasing a new T-bird until I saw that dealers were marking them up +10k... I figured even with the competition out there, I would give Ford the business again and purchase a 2011 Mustang GT. Now with it sitting at AAI for who knows how long, I'm having second thoughts. It has until my birthday next month to get here before I consider my other options.

:end rant:

This is in no way directed at you Dewracer007, I'm just :fuming: and I hope someone at Ford sees it... not that it'll make any difference -I'm just one buyer :sosad:
You're not alone. I didn't order in January but my car has been sitting for nearly two months. If Ford does read this, it's time to get it together before you lose your most enthusiastic customers. :thumbdown

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered Feb 1st. That's exactly 18 weeks today. ETA is June 15th, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
468 Posts
OK, some of you have waited as long. I do not know what is going on and my frustration was out of control. But, all of that was erased when I turned the key for the first time. I hope all of you get your cars soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I tried to use vehicle visibility to get an update for some of you and it only works on vehicles our dealership has ordered. sorry.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have pmed jonny 3 times with my vin with no reply. has anyone else heard from him?
The last update I got from him was the evening of 5/28. Several have said he's on vacation; let's hope they're right.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just can't help myself.....

.................. IT'S IN MY GARAGE...........................

Sorry, crucify me as you will, but I doubt that many will
regret the wait once it finally arrives and they drive off in it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine is being built today, so I should get it sometime between 6/13 (That's the ETA) and the day hell freezes over.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just can't help myself.....

.................. IT'S IN MY GARAGE...........................

Sorry, crucify me as you will, but I doubt that many will
regret the wait once it finally arrives and they drive off in it.
We don't hate...we envy, but don't hate...

·
Registered
379 Posts
My dealer just called, I ordered on 1/30, production on it started today and my ETA has been changed from 6/13 to 6/20....... So I asked, "6/30 of what year"?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Sorry guys I have some family issues going, I will start sending PMs out shortly

261 - 280 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.