Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd like to remind everyone that you can call Ford Customer Service during normal business hours to get a status update. With the sudden influx of VIN's to check, I have a feeling JonnyB could spend his entire weekend trying to catch up. I do appreciate what you're doing though Jonny!
Not so, friend.

In fact, Ford CS (as of sometime early this week) no longer has much info at all and refer customers to their dealers. ESPECIALLY if you car HAS BEEN PRODUCED. If you're still in the order/build phase they might be a little more helpful but once it leaves the factory, fuggedaboutit.

Jonny has been amazing about checking VINs but if I were "him" I would say, "If your VIN is before 120xxx", call Ford CS... they'll have it. Most of those VINs are still in production or just recently built. Ford deserves A LITTLE time to get them QA'd and out.

Mine was built on 5/6 and is still sitting in Flat Rock and while I feel like they're taking their time, I know there are thousands of other Mustangs before mine not yet shipped. My VIN is 116xxx.

·
Registered
312 Posts
JonnyB, I still can't believe you are able to do this for everyone. It must be a huge drain on your time. We all really appreciate this!

For all of us waiting for our new baby, lets try to give JonnyB a break and limit the number of updates you request. Lets not kill him.

·
Registered
173 Posts
JonnyB, I still can't believe you are able to do this for everyone. It must be a huge drain on your time. We all really appreciate this!

For all of us waiting for our new baby, lets try to give JonnyB a break and limit the number of updates you request. Lets not kill him.
AMEN! If you placed your order after 5/1, you shouldn't even be asking at this point. Ford CS can probably help you just fine.

A lot of these inquries (including mine) are based on the cars already being produced and just getting "awaiting shipment, at ramp 51" from everyone in the Ford food chain.

Please, if your car hasn't even been scheduled for build, don't overload him. How do you know? Check your window sticker in the top margin. Look for the "1201005xx" date. Drop the leading one and that's your build date in the YYYYMMDD format.

Don't have a window sticker yet? Keep refreshing the page that has them at:

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

And ADD YOUR VIN after the = sign.

Wait about a week after it's been built before you ask.

Jonny, we're all very grateful for your help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not so, friend.

In fact, Ford CS (as of sometime early this week) no longer has much info at all and refer customers to their dealers. ESPECIALLY if you car HAS BEEN PRODUCED. If you're still in the order/build phase they might be a little more helpful but once it leaves the factory, fuggedaboutit.

Jonny has been amazing about checking VINs but if I were "him" I would say, "If your VIN is before 120xxx", call Ford CS... they'll have it. Most of those VINs are still in production or just recently built. Ford deserves A LITTLE time to get them QA'd and out.

Mine was built on 5/6 and is still sitting in Flat Rock and while I feel like they're taking their time, I know there are thousands of other Mustangs before mine not yet shipped. My VIN is 116xxx.
Thanks man, that's good info. Mine is being built and will be done tomorrow with an ETA of 6/4 according to the Ford Rep, so we'll see if that actually happens.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks man, that's good info. Mine is being built and will be done tomorrow with an ETA of 6/4 according to the Ford Rep, so we'll see if that actually happens.
The current ETA numbers are fiction. They're generated by some tiny computer in the bowels of AAI with a tremendously sick sense of humor. And if you call Ford, they will absolutely emphasize that ETA is ESTIMATED time of arrival. In short, they're not going to make it 97.9% of the time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
alright guys just got home and have been drinking so doing these VIN checks should be interesting!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for a second update Jonny, wasn't expecting it and was happily suprised. :)

Anyone know what this onsite offsite stuff means?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Conveyance Mechanical Failure

As of Monday, I know exactly where my car is !!

Last Friday, my car was FINALLY on a train headed to Chicago ...
In Transit Passing (Canadian National Railways) Pontiac, MI May-14-2010, 00:06 ET Apr-26-2010
In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) Durand, MI May-14-2010, 01:16 ET Apr-26-2010
In Transit Passing (Canadian National Railways) Lansing, MI May-14-2010, 02:47 ET Apr-26-2010
In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) Battle Creek, MI May-14-2010, 03:26 ET Apr-26-2010
... making nice progress !!

Then Monday rolls around and here is the up-date ...
In Transit Delay - Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Canadian National Railways) Markham, IL May-17-2010, 05:29 CT
Current ETA May-19-2010 (1st ETA update from my orig 4/26 ETA)
Thursday, the status was still the same ... this sucks !!

Anyone else as "lucky" and "special" to have this same or similar status ??

Grabberguy (from the Mustang Source) had a similar up-date last Friday, his car was on a train broke down in Champaign, IL ... BUT has since progressed to where it is now in Texas.

Markham is a pretty good sized Chicago Rail Yard and it is right off of I294. I'd guess this could be where rail cars either get separated from the train and unloaded (cars then re-loaded on transport trucks) or continue on to other parts of the country.

This yard is only 190 mi. south of my dealership (all interstate), so the May-19-2010 ETA was believable on Monday, but NOT anymore !!

My dealer has shared every update as it has become available, so I doubt you can tell me anything more than they can ... vin is 1ZVBP8AM0B5108559 if you want to try.

Doug

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just got this message from Jonny who has been incredible with automatic updates. He won't have to buy meals anywhere if he plans the trip right! My baby is finished!!!!!!!!! :celebration:

In Production Body Shop Auto Alliance International Inc, MI May-19-2010 Jun-12-2010[/quote]

Jonny, based on your experience, how long does a car stay on the assembly line? I assume your message means the build started 19 May?

oo not that long considering its PRODUCED!

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-20-2010 Jun-12-2010

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey JonnyB, thanks again for the info you're providing. If you're ever in Dallas, let me know, I owe you a beer. I originally sent you my VIN in a PM but would you add it to your list for updates. Thanks again.

1ZVBP8AM0B5108710

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the update!!!!!
It's on a train about 900 miles from home, I'd go and pick it up myself if I could.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just saw a Shelby at the dealer, with a vin 108669 thats was just dropped off today, Ronn

101 - 120 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.