Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! I have just got my turbo mustang on permits and during the road testing it developed a very bad smoking issue and lost most of its power. It had trouble going up hills. The smoke is white and it happens after letting off the gas at high rpms. Could this be some sort of vacume problem? The turbo was a Warner Ishi and I had it rebuilt but the down pipe is coated in oil. I also have a new camshaft, seals, springs, and rollers. I took the valve cover off but it looks normal (at least theres no metal bits everywhere) So if its from the head what could it be? The Pcv was not covered in oil inside. I plan to replace the pcv valve with a straight filter in case its that. I also will be getting a catch can. I plugged the EGR at both ends I don't know If that could lead to issues. Im just looking for some ideas. I have a spare turbo to try. I'll post the results if it still burns. :banghead: I only got one day of fun driving...

some additional Information. The car is a 1991 body the engine is 87 2.3 thats mostly stock except the head and intake. It has stock top intercooler and VAM from Tbird. Has LA3 computer.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
It could be the turbo oil feed line. Or the return line. But thats the only place i would think could leak on the pass side. But the loss of power could mean the turbo let go. Hard to figure without seeing it in person

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
No Problem My Brother. Any time. Now you need a TURBO YUCKIE Expensive. Good luck Tom:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts