Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is prolly seems kinda dumb but i really cant decide if i wanna keep attending school "im a freshman in college" my goal was to be an attorney but i really hate school ive had alot of badluck this year with school being sick and such and i cant stand sitting in a class room. all my friends ar at uti to be techs we all had scholarships from some tech ed things we did in high school but i wanted to do something else, i would really like to work on high performance cars plug youre ears ferarri's porscha'a and such because i love road racing and ford really doesnt have too big of an interest in it, but i dont know where to go to school for it because uti and wyo tech are all into nascar and well im sorry but i lost interest in going in circles awhile ago when they got all these rules to racing.. idk i just need to figure this all out soon thanks guys.. my other option is to do heating and air conditioning for my dad and then take over but i have no real interest in it

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
There is no substitute for education! Im sure you'll get plenty of suggestions on automotive related schools! Hang in there and good luck!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have heard from some people that working on peoples car everyday takes the fun out of working and modifying your own vehicle. Is this true?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
As a former UTI attendee, I can say there is always programs inside that you don't hear about when looking into the school. I was approached by the Bob Bondorant School Of High Performance Driving while I was there and there were others as well always coming around. I would say look more into WyoTech, they have several other programs available for such aspirations like yours. The high zoot European companies contact schools for competent techs as well, not just the Big 3.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

idk i was worried about the fact if i do it every day will i still enjoy working on my own stuff but thanx guys idk ill be thinkin about it

·
Registered
826 Posts
Def. don't go to lincoln tech...it's ********...i went there...it's a scam...i knew more than every teacher there...all the teacher's seemed like they smoked crak to me...i spent 25k on the education and it got me know where w/ them...i wish i could blow the hole ******* school up!...if i was you...i would stay in college no matter how much you hate it...it will pay off better in the long run...i promise...don't make the mistake of droping out now and have to go back when your 28 like me...because it really sux...i so wish when i was your age i would have known what i do now...also keep in mind when you do go to these schools...the guys there are gonna tell you anything you wanna here...so you'll sign the papers...it's all about money in the real world...and don't trust anyone...they'll say anything to get ya to do what they want you to....good luck man, when things get ruff keep your head up and march on!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Im with Charlie! Education, education, education.

·
Registered
297 Posts
you could always join the military?

thats a very good option too, you know. it also gives you a real sense of accomplishment. i mean, youd do more with your life in 4 years than most people would in their entire lifetime.

·
Registered
651 Posts
As a sophomore in college I would say try and stick it out. Freshman year is not always the best a far as gpa wise and such but you will thank yourself for sticking it out when the going gets better. If however you really can't stand college then it is probably best to find something you do like before too much more debt accumulates. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Hard work pays off...! Think about it this way. Working on cars isn't easy. It might be fun at some points but hard. It's the same way with school. You work hard on it for a while and then later on down the road you have something to show for it after all the hard work you put into it.
Especially if you're wanting to be an attorney. put some hard work into school and before you know it you'll be bringing home 6 digits!!! who can argue with that?
But one important thing is to do what you love otherwise you'll hate your job forever and won't be truly happy!
I work on all my cars myself with my dad (who used to be a mechanic for his dads shop) and it can be pretty maddening sometimes but once your done you have something to show for it. It is different working on other peoples cars than working on your own too.
WyoTech and UTI are good schools, both are highly acredited and have job placement. I had a friend that went to WyoTech and she had nothing to do with NASCAR, she did collision and interiors and hot rods!
Do what you love to do. There are people out there that would rather be an attorney than a mechanic or vis versa!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It isn't hard to have that boundary, comparing doing this for a living working on other's cars and then working on your own. Others = work. Yours = hobby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
School Option

I agree with the other guys - stick out college if you can
Its a drag some times BUT you should complete what you start and do it while young and unencumbered. Once you age and have kids and a mortgage you'll regret wasting the college option. I have a student now that was going to quit engineering at SF State and I refused him admission for three seasons. I wanted him to finish . He did and is now finishing my school - and is interviewing for an assistant engineering job for a Porsche race team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.