Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who's selling the hood vents for 2013's? Don't see them on Tousley. I'd like a black pair to swap out with my red ones when I feel like changing it up. I know about plasti-dip but I still want to have two different sets.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Get ready to spend a arm and a leg and maybe a torso LOL...when I looked into this a few weeks ago I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen the listed price which I believe was over $200 a piece, I can't remember the exact numbers but you might be better off waiting until 2013 parts are much more available or just use your own.

·
Registered
776 Posts
You can always have a body shop order it for you...then paint it for you...done :)...they do the work while you sit back and relax.

·
Registered
272 Posts
mine are plasti dipped until some carbon fiber ones show up on the internets. can't find anything out there yet which is unbelievable. All kinds of stuff popping up but no vents !!???!!!???

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Only time water/dirt should get into the engine bay is when the car is not moving and from what I can tell by looking at the undersides of some 2013 hoods with the vents there is a drainage tray to direct that small flow of water away from anything important.

While driving, any water should go right over the vents due to airflow over the hood.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Guys asks where to get them, and we end up with why they are no good. Go figure.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
808 Posts
Don't hate, just appreciate!

·
Registered
792 Posts
At least we are being honest with him,might even save him a few $$$$$$.
How many 2013 owners do you think have swapped to an 11-12 hood?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the vents and am seriously considering them for my 12.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not me,I don"t like them at all + all the water and dirt in the engine bay,got to be a car show prep"s nightmare,I will keep my 2011 GT hood just the way it came from Ford .
I haven't gotten any water in my engine bay after washing or being parked in the rain all night at work. I've even opened the hood to check after washing or rain and it's completely dry so I'm not sure how people are getting water in their cai from the hood vents.

·
Registered
808 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts