Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple Qs here...

1) If I call up tremec can they make me a tko with custom gear ratios, or will they only sell the standard gear ratios they have?

2) Does anyone know where to find gears for a t-5?

3) What is generally the first thing to fail in the t-5 tranny when there is too much power going through it? Do gears shear, or syncros go?

Thanks guys, just thinking in advance as usual...

·
Registered
149 Posts
You need to call Hanlon Motorsports and talk to Bang'n Bob. He can answer all of your questions, rebuild your trans or sell you parts. He is the way to go with a t-5 or a Tremec. The number is 610-469-2695. His wife Linda usually answers during the day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
what kind of oil can i use and what brands for a T5 i am daily driver and all saturdays i use it for racing and i stick it hard i powershift so i whant good oil because i dont whant to blow syncro........

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aleborjas said:
what kind of oil can i use and what brands for a T5 i am daily driver and all saturdays i use it for racing and i stick it hard i powershift so i whant good oil because i dont whant to blow syncro........
Royal Purple Manual Tranny fluid. It works for our trannies to that take ATF. Its great stuff.

Thanks tbird

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.