Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've search and I cant come up with any sites. I'm specifically looking for the Quaker State Full Synthetic Oil for Advanced Engines 5w-20 but I havent had any luck.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't think petroleum products can be sent through the mail since they are considered hazardous material.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I am an authorized Amsoil dealer.

Go to www.amsoil.com

my dealer code is 538539.

PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Why would you want to buy it online, you would pay a boatload for shipping.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Hoodlum said:
ok... where or whats the cheapest way to buy that perticular brand then?
try what the site suggests to find a local dealer, I guess if you can't find a local dealer and you are set on that brand, go for it.
I'm sure the waxedman can help.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Shipping is by weight and is the same whether you order through a dealer, by phone, or on the internet. The way to get it for 20% off, which is dealer cost is either to sign up as a preferred customer, or become a dealer. You can do that at the same time as placing the order online as well. The application page is full of great info for our stangs, even if choosing a different brand of oil. I see no advantage for anyone using a "local" dealer. It is much easier and faster to order it directly yourself. The site seems to be down for some reason at this time, but the application guide link I believe is... http://www.amsoil.com/scripts/runisa.dll?amsoiloaf:indexHope this helps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Walmart carries all the main brand synthetics at great prices. Even the Zero-W's. The Amsoils, Royal Purples, etc are another story. Most speed shops carry those, but they are usually @ retail. I work at a dealer and can't get it for the price at Walmart. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I found the ford 5w-20 synthetic blend, at advance auto parts with free shipping. It was $2.09 quart, it was $1.92 at wal-mart last week. I'll just get mine at wally world. Hope this helps.

late

·
Registered
70 Posts
Costco has Mobil 1 for $23 a 6 pack. :laughlitt Selection of oil weights is limited. They do have my 5w-30.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
hogpowr said:
I found the ford 5w-20 synthetic blend, at advance auto parts with free shipping. It was $2.09 quart, it was $1.92 at wal-mart last week. I'll just get mine at wally world. Hope this helps.
late
The key word here is "BLEND". Which is a mix of syn and petro. Why would you want to reduce the benefit of Syn by adding a petro product to it? Might as well use regular oil and just use an additive like slick 50.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
GR40Snake said:
Costco has Mobil 1 for $23 a 6 pack. :laughlitt Selection of oil weights is limited. They do have my 5w-30.
This is an '05-'06 thread and the newer 4.6L motors call for 5w-20.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
This is an '05-'06 thread and the newer 4.6L motors call for 5w-20.
I said limited selection. For the $ it's worth checking if Costco also carries 5w-20. Not everybody who reads this thread needs 5w-20:happyhapp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.