Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and girls). This is my first post, although I have been reading this forum for the past year. I have an 06 GT 5-speed and was considering purchasing cat backs. However, after reading several posts in this forum that state that there is no real gain in HP, just deaper sound, I have decided to keep the factory exhaust. I do, however, like the look of the chrome exhaust tips and wondered if anyone has purchased a set. A photo and web link to where you purchased them would be great.

By the way, I installed a power moon roof on my black Stang. Pretty cool. I can provide pics if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Have you ever heard of Meggs? They have some awesome tips.You might check a Street Rodder type magazine to find a link.Your decision to go this route could save some you big bucks,the factory mufflers should be good for at least 4 to 5 years.
I lucked out and found some axle back take-off's from FRPP for 1/2 off the price,I'm pretty sure they made by Borla.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys. Stupid question, I went to order the tips ($45 from MRT) but on the order form their is a quantity section. Are these tips sold as a set? Or do you have to order two?

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't believe they make chrome tips....they're called Stainless Steel.

·
Registered
315 Posts
They are a set, and come with the clamps.
I was confused at first by the option to purchase the clamps, but that is for people that have tips from somewhere else, and just need clamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts