Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm from Greece and i can't find anywhere in Europe the Motorcraft Premium gold Coolant for my mustang 4.0 v6 2007.
Can anyone help?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
they have Prestone over there? Works for any make or model...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Welcome to the forums from another European.

Any particular reason you need that _specific_ make of coolant?

I mean, mine has something that is definitly not specifically what the manual states it should have vendor wise, but it does the job of keeping the engine cool and not freezing at sub-zero temperatures admirably.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice, i found some prestone yellow coolant here but im not sure if it's ok for my car.
two of my friends,they have also american cars said that is dangerous for the engine to use another coolant then this motorcraft gold coolant.
i don't know what to say guys...
If you are sure that prestone is fine for mustangs please confirm.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm of the mind that if the specifications match with what the manual says, it's fine, no matter what the brand is.

That goes more for oil then coolant in my book tho. But draining the system and refilling with coolant is not something I'd worry about too much. If the coolant doesn't freeze until a temperature you're quite sure the car will never achieve, I'd just use it, and check the first two drives to see what the gauge does.

You'll be able to determine if the car runs cooler or hotter then normal, or if she's even in danger of overheating before that actually happens (in which case you can drop her to the side of the road and let her cool down).

Other then that, possibly one of our American friends might have something more to add :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Neko, if you just refill the whole system with new coolant it's fine i think. But what about if you want just to flush a bit of coolant inside?The stock coolant is Motorcraft gold, can i flush with a coolant from another brand?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Do NOT mix different colors of coolant. They tend to react.

Seems the same colors however do allow for topping off the system, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks, maybe i will flush it only with purified water then, and if i want some day to refill the whole system i will use some yellow G-05 antifreeze... :bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts