Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustangs Unlimited sells the 17 inch Black or Anthracite rims AND tires combined for $899 but are sold out with NO idea on when they are coming back in, everywhere else i have found them are much more. THere has to be someone else other than mustangs unlimited where i can buy this set for atleast the same price. Anyone know?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cruzinconcepts? Or ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited sells the 17 inch Black or Anthracite rims AND tires combined for $899 but are sold out with NO idea on when they are coming back in, everywhere else i have found them are much more. THere has to be someone else other than mustangs unlimited where i can buy this set for atleast the same price. Anyone know?

well crap I was looking at these same wheels/tires for my 66. I have a couple months tho before I'll be ready for them. there's a seller on ebay that has them, but you are correct, they are significantly more than MU has them for.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
You better double check the back spacer on any rim before you buy it.The rims off a newer mustang take a thick spacer/adapter to work and they ain't cheap.Its cheaper and safer to buy rims that fit up front.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My personal advice is to buy tires with the correct back space. Right now I have rims from an 07 mustang on my 65 coupe an I have to run a 2" adapter. I've decided to switch from those 17" rims for a set of 15" rims with the proper 3.75" backspace. Now you can run those wheels with adapters if you want and be perfectly fine, But you will get fender rub issues and such an it's a pain in the butt. Also it makes your car sit alot higher with the bigger rims which looks wierd to me. Pm me if your interested in that set of adapters I have or the rims or if you have any more questions about putting those on your car because I have been through it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just a little word for AKBray907. Ak wheels of any size dont make your car sit any higher. Its the tires that will make your car sit higher. You can put a 20 inch rim or a 14 inch rim on a car with the same height tire and you car will sit same height. IE: If you have a 28 inch tall tire its 28 inches tall no matter how big the wheel inside it is. Besides 15 inch wheels look weinie. Go with the 17's

·
Registered
964 Posts
You want a 17x8 with 4.5 or 4.75 inches backspace
Or a 17x7 front with 4.25''. You can get a good quality new set for 500-$600. Most of the money you spend is actually what tire you will buy, you wether you get a 235/45/17 tire for $75 or $200 each, a package deal for $900 most likely has cheap tires.

·
Registered
876 Posts
@ mathew67stang. Yes I realize that but what I'm saying is I can run alot smaller tire on a 15" rim as opposed to a 17" rim Which affects ride height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts