Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking instead of the micro switch on the throttle body.....
i was thinking of wiring my right horn button with to the nitrous like this.....what do you think

idk why but i feel safer using it with the horn button and controlling it with my finger then on the TB

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean i feel its a safe place because if i miss shift i dont want to go full throttle and then have the nitrous kick in and blow the [email protected]#K out of my motor......i feel that the button will work better because i will have to let go of the button to shift and if i do happen to miss shift my hand will be on the shifter instead of the button.....catch my drift

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
if it were me i would put it on the left side since you have a stick when you are racing at the drag strip your hand will never leave the shifter, you will end up being a slow shifter if you do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Encorporate it on a dual switch system. Put one push button on the floor under the gas pedal then another switch some place hidden that is a toggle. That way when you want to run juice you power up the floor switch with the toggle and it will come on when you floor it. If you miss a shift you will probably be screwed nitrous or not.

I would think that you might fail an inspection for the horn.

In summary. One toggle to power the push button. Floor it and get nitrous. Thats my vote.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd never use a switch location other than on the throttle. Your natural instinct would always be to lift you foot on a missed b gear. You would have to train your brain to release a certain finger when you missed the shift if you used a hand operated button.

A hand switch for activation has to one of the poorest and slowest choices.

If you want to protect on a shift miss, buy an RPM limiter and tie the NOx activation into the RPM limiter.

When I ran NOx I had a "ready" rocker switch, used a throttle switch for actual activation, had low fuel pressure cut off, and had RPM limit cutoff. It isn't hard to do. It is even possible to have a simple lock-out switch that prevents restarting the juice once you have hit the RPM limiter. That way it is OFF until you reset it with a foot lift.

Never in my life would I use a separate hand activation.

Tom

R

·
0 Posts
I'd never use a switch location other than on the throttle. Your natural instinct would always be to lift you foot on a missed b gear. You would have to train your brain to release a certain finger when you missed the shift if you used a hand operated button.

A hand switch for activation has to one of the poorest and slowest choices.

If you want to protect on a shift miss, buy an RPM limiter and tie the NOx activation into the RPM limiter.

When I ran NOx I had a "ready" rocker switch, used a throttle switch for actual activation, had low fuel pressure cut off, and had RPM limit cutoff. It isn't hard to do. It is even possible to have a simple lock-out switch that prevents restarting the juice once you have hit the RPM limiter. That way it is OFF until you reset it with a foot lift.

Never in my life would I use a separate hand activation.

Tom
+1 ......:bigthumbsup

Great explanation Tom......

i said basically the same earlier in the thread without nearly as much detail....:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Micro switch with an "arming" switch. Best way to do it. Just make damn sure that it will only activate under total WOT.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I had a dual trigger setup in my 89, a WOT switch on the TB and a relay switch wired up to the Cigarette lighter that would activate when pressed down~:shigrin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.