Ford Mustang Forum banner

Where to start with mods?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  lublinj2 
#1 ·
Hey I have a 2007 v6 and I already have a bbk CAI and a Bama tune but I'm wondering where should I go from here for more power without spending 1000s? No nitro

#2 ·
Hello

I personally am in the same boat as you with a 2006 V6 ford Mustang . I currently have a K&N cold air intake , SCT x4 93 octane tune , JMS pedalmax , MRT axle back exhaust , wheels tires and a few other mods .

Bang for the Buck what you will feel the most is the JMS pedalmax . What this device does is a direct plug and play device that plugs into the top of the throttle pedal and enhances signal to electronic throttle control unit. This device does not give you more HP but it does change how the car responds to your throttle inputs and makes it feel more responsive and like you picked up a few ponies. We list the device for $279.00 w/ free shipping and like I said bang for your buck nothing else compares to what it does for you makes the car a little more enjoyable and fun to drive.

Also an LSD and gear swap is another thing to look into . I'm currently taking out the 7.5" out of mine and installing a 2013 boss 302 8.8" rear end with 3.73 gears and that also changes how the car will deliver the power to the ground . I decided to go to a full complete axle assembly swap vs. changing out the gears and adding the LSD for cost and minimal downtime .

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Joshua Barth
jbarth@mrt-direct.com

#4 ·
Morning Taco - Sounds like you're already heading down the right path here and if you're looking to not spend thousands there's a few things that I can suggest on the Intake and Exhaust side along with a couple small things in between. Like any car helping it breathe more efficiently will yield a nice gain. Something like Pypes Mid-Muffler True Dual Exhaust for instance will replace your factory Y pipe with an X to give the car better flow. Doing this will make the exhaust somewhat more high-pitched/metallic sounding because of its straight through design.

If you're after something a little quieter a chambered exhaust like Flowmasters Force II True Dual Catback would do the trick. If it's quiet enough that it doesn't bother my Grandmother you'll be able to take the car on a 3 hour drive without having a headache and the end of the trip. Both systems are fairly easily to install if you have some help but I always suggest professional installation to be on the safe side.

If you're looking for some smaller things to do I would take a look on the ignition side of things. I'm not sure how many miles are on your V6 but routine maintenance or even a little improvement on some stock parts can go a long way. Accel's Coil Pack would aide in throttle response and even in some instances improved fuel consumption and pair that with a new set of Spark Plugs and you're good to go! If you're looking for some other ideas make sure to check out our Shop V6's Bolt On Build Up.

Drop me a line if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

#5 ·
An LSD & some new gears (such as 3.73 or 4.10s). Otherwise replacing the smaller stock components under the hood is a good idea, which others have already suggested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.