Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there's one thing that drives me nuts it's rattles or squeaks that you just can't seem to isolate. I haven't been driving my car much as I drive an economy car to save on gas these days; but I do drive it (1-2X week). When I do drive it, I'm getting a very noticable rattle coming from the rear. My Ford garage heard it but didn't spend enough time with it so they couldn't isolate it. It almost sounds like it's coming from the trunk or the upper axle area. Has anyone else observed or experienced rattles coming from the rear of their car? Any ideas of what I can be checking? My next step is to have the wife drive the car while I'm in the back (with the seats folded down) in the trunk and listening (intently). :?:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar rattle a while ago. I finally identified it to be the emergency trunk release cable inside the trunk. It is attached to the trunk locking unit with a small velco pad that does hold very well. if you secure it you may find the rattle stops.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For my self I heard a similar rattle sound and it was the plastic harnest that hold a part for the jack under my trunk mat, I've put a small washer around the hole of the plastic harnest before slidding it on the metal pin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts