Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and if it is a T45 would a Tremec T45 tranny be reccommended to run in one?? and also do yall run the old school cable clutch set up and if its not is it a hydraulic clutch, if so, is it possible to put a clutch fork in the said S197 5 spd to run a cable clutch, sayyyy a 1994 Steeda adjustable quadrant cable kit to an S197 5 spd??? :scratchchin lol and if yall were wonderin, my dad says he can build a 5.4 triton to fit in my SN95 and i wanted to know what tranny i need and if i can use a cable clutch...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok awesome ty but does anyone know if u can make it a cable clutch like u can in the mid 80s-90s model trucks??

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
ok awesome ty but does anyone know if u can make it a cable clutch like u can in the mid 80s-90s model trucks??
You can make anything into anything you want. I can make you a aluminum toothpick out of a 400# block of aluminum.

So the answer is yes, you can convert it to a cable clutch. But if you do there will be no “kit” to buy and you can’t just use the parts off of the older cars. Unless you have great fabrication skills and access to a machine shop you will never get it done.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, lol that KINDA helps, um what would YOU reccommend to set up that transmission in a 94 mustang?? make the body of the 94 work with a hydraulic clutch or make the tranny work with a cable??

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
ok, lol that KINDA helps, um what would YOU reccommend to set up that transmission in a 94 mustang?? make the body of the 94 work with a hydraulic clutch or make the tranny work with a cable??
Put a hydraulic master cylinder/pedal assembly in the car and run a hydraulic system.

You want somethig like these guys offer. This stuff may cost the big $$$ but there will be low cost alternatives out there.

http://www.tiltonracing.com/content.php?page=list2&id=1&m=b

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.