Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning a new system in my car consisting of an alpine head unit i forgot the model number, but the 2nd most pricey without a screen. 445 bux i believe, boston component speakers (which ones??) and either one or two kicker L7 subs. which amp would go best with those subs without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just a sujestion, but try lightning audio amps. I have a B2.350.1 Mono amp driving two Sony 10" Xplod 800w Max Subs just fine at 2ohms. If you goto thezeb.com they have a sale on the lightning audio amps right now and they are a steal! They are trickle down technology from Rockfordfosgate.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, it all depends on what you consider breaking the bank. Going off of what you have chosen for a head unit and subs, you might consider an amp of the same prestige as Alpine :worship Boston:drool: and Kicker L7s:happyhapp . Perhaps a JL 1000/1.You really don't wanto go cheap when it comes to powering the L7s. They want alot:eyebulge: . Check ebay for "class D" mono amps, I like the JL, the 1800 watt Hi Fonics, or the the new JBL amps. For a lower price, you could even go Sony. Just don't be fooled by power ratings on the heatsink, always check the RMS power ratings. For two L7s, personally I would go with one amp per sub, at LEAST 500 watts each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.