Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which axel is quickest

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
I've been hearing 1st gear with the 3:73 is worthless. Would the 3.55 get you to 60 quicker than the 3.73? If you can get more distance out of first and second, shouldn't you get there quicker?

#2 ·
3.73 will be quicker all the way around. 0-60 and 1/4. 1st gear is still plenty useful. especially at the track. which is why I got the 3.73 in my 5.0. If they offered 4.10's i would have went with them.

I had 4.56 gears in my 08 and I still used 1st, and it cut about a half second of my 1/4 time over my 3.55's

#3 ·
I have 3:73 and they are great first gear is still usefull but I still kinda wish I would have went with 4:10

#4 ·
I've been hearing 1st gear with the 3:73 is worthless. Would the 3.55 get you to 60 quicker than the 3.73? If you can get more distance out of first and second, shouldn't you get there quicker?
I take it you have a 2011 with the six speed. It's going to take people awhile to understand with the new trans and lower first gear and the 3.73 gear is the equivalent (very close) to having a 4.10 with the five speed. Add in the extra 100 hp and you "might" have problems at times. With proper tires and suspension, shouldn't have much trouble with the 3.73. Depends on your driving habits and much highway or not but I prefer the 3.55 for the DD.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.