Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, thanks for all the great advice. Iwanted to buy a set of bbk headers shorties, unequal or full length, i would get the h pipe kit, for the appropriate application, at the same time I would like to run the full lenth but, am concerned because I want to eventually put on a maximum motorsports torque arm and I am not sure if this would cause interference issues at the h pipe location. I am aware of the exhaust relocation needed for the installation if the torque arm and was wondering if the extra length of the headers would put the headers collector at the original h pipe location.Maximum motorsports is closed over the weekend so I am unable to verify with them. Sorry for the long post and i hope you can understand it. Have a great Easter everyone.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm a little confused on your headers. When you say full length, do you mean equal length shorties or long tube headers? Regardless, I don't see the choice of headers as being a problem. The torque arm crossmember is located at about the end of the h-pipe. The h-pipe for shorties or long tubes should end in the stock location. I say go ahead and do whatever exhaust you want. As far as any exhaust modifications, you'll have to get the torque arm installed to see what will need to be done. You can make anything work, but you need all the parts to see how to make it fit together. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I don't believe the torque arm would interfere with either style. Of course on Monday, check with Maximum.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just in case you have yet to contact MM. Most h-pipes do not cause problems with the torque arm other than the bassani ones. X-pipes seem to also be a problem in some cases. So you should be fine. Tailpipes can also be a tight fit sometimes with the Panhard bar that has to go in with the torque arm, but there is not much you can do about that other than just deal with it and hope for minimal or even better no rubbing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension The instructions for every thing they sell is on line. the long tube headers use the stock connection (aft connection) for the cat back portion of the exhaust which is the same as the shorties. read the instructions, they say its best to modify the h-pipe but in most cases you dont have to. I have bbk long tube/full length headers with a bbk h pipe and didnt modify the h pipe.

chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your right the only possible interference issues would be with a x pipe. I just picked up a set of the bbk 15150. Clearance, with the panhard bar, on the right(passenger) side is a little tight. especially when you downshift. When I get a new cat back system, I'll see if needs to be modified. Thanks again for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.