Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to add a CAI and tune to my 2007 mustang gt. I have no experience with working on cars. Which combo should i get that will net the most HP gains and how easy is it to install CAI and tune the car? Also this might sound ridiculous but how does a tuner work where does it plug into a mustang to program what you want from it? the only other mods i plan to do is o/r x pipe with flowmaster 40 series will I need to tune for just the CAI or will I need a tune for the exhaust changes also?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
JLT CAI SCT X3

i may be a sixer but this JLT WOKE IT UP!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
CAI might take you 5 minutes. mine was in like 8 pieces and it took me less than 10.

the tuner plugs in to the computer port below the steering wheel.

plug it in punch a few keys and your off to the races!

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
There should be a OBD port under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel that's where you plug in the tuner. The tuner changes the setting in the cars computer giving it better performance. The CAI will come with instructions and it's simple to install. Exhaust changes do not require a tune unless you do away with sensors.

·
Registered
781 Posts
U know where ur light on and off switch/ dial is? Look directly down under there and ull see a port in which u plug a tuner in. Think of it as the car's USB port in respects to a computer. Ur kit will come with instructions and what a tuner does is adjust ur cars internal computer and let it know that there is something new and how it should run with this new upgrade that you added. Idk what kit your looking at, most of the members who have posted have better product knowledge then me so id listen to them. But id expect close to a 30-40 HP gain off the Flywheel, what that translates to the street im not sure. Im sure the Gearheads on here will fill u in even more.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Cant believe i helped a Gator fan.... ew.....

GOOOOOO DAWGS!!!! SICK EM WOOF WOOF WOOF

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Cant believe i helped a Gator fan.... ew.....

GOOOOOO DAWGS!!!! SICK EM WOOF WOOF WOOF
+1 hehe WOOF WOOF!

ill be in ATL SAT BABY!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL thanks guys appreciate the help.... you should be honored to be in the presence of a gator fan. PM me for free lessons on Gator Chomp. :)

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
please! GA! :D

get used to it

·
Registered
456 Posts
The install is super easy. All you need is a screwdriver, a wrench, and a 10mm socket (at least for the C&L, id imagine others are similar). Just be very carefull with the MAF sensor you pull out of your stock intake, dont toss it around or anything.

The tuning is super easy too. You hook it up under the steering wheel as others have said, choose the tune that the tuner gives you, and follow the instructions on the screen. As long as you dont interrupt the process once it starts, you cant really mess up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
LOL thanks guys appreciate the help.... you should be honored to be in the presence of a gator fan. PM me for free lessons on Gator Chomp. :)
I just died alil inside. Im going to school up north tho so I wont have to smack u this time. US Naval Academy... Go Mids Hooyah! :bigthumbsup:woohoo::surrender:

·
Registered
781 Posts
+1 hehe WOOF WOOF!

ill be in ATL SAT BABY!
THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR BABY! Where in ATL u going to be? I live alil north of the city so if u see a redfire GT with blacked out rear and some sweet black rims just go ahead in flick me off cause Ill prob be trying to pass :gringreen

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR BABY! Where in ATL u going to be? I live alil north of the city so if u see a redfire GT with blacked out rear and some sweet black rims just go ahead in flick me off cause Ill prob be trying to pass :gringreen

first stop tip top of GA to return a trailer, then down to marietta

·
Registered
781 Posts
first stop tip top of GA to return a trailer, then down to marietta
Ah nice my Gf lives in Marietta Im in alpharetta watch the Cobb county cops they run speed traps 24/7 and are complete asses. just a word of advice. Got 73 in a 45 from those jerks... was going realistically 65 behind an SUV but they pick the mustang out just to mess with me... -1000 cobb police. U SUCK Guess i better be lookin out for u =)

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Ah nice my Gf lives in Marietta Im in alpharetta watch the Cobb county cops they run speed traps 24/7 and are complete asses. just a word of advice. Got 73 in a 45 from those jerks... was going realistically 65 behind an SUV but they pick the mustang out just to mess with me... -1000 cobb police. U SUCK Guess i better be lookin out for u =)

i know the cheif :nogrinner

i call him bacon lol!

·
Registered
781 Posts
i know the cheif :nogrinner

i call him bacon lol!
lol if u have the urge to go fast come to Fulton County where the cops have 0 interest in running laser. Half the time theyll wanna mess around with you lol its quite strange.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.