Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around and i am looking at the FMS F cam or i have found a Comp Cams CompuCam i am pretty sure you guys know the specs on the F cam but here are the specs for the CompuCam

Brand:
Crane Cams Product Line: Crane CompuCam Camshafts Part Type: Camshafts Part Number: CRN-444211 Cam Style: Hydraulic roller tappet Basic Operating RPM Range: 1,500-5,000 Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 208 Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 216 Duration at 050 inch Lift: 208 int./216 exh. Advertised Intake Duration: 262 Advertised Exhaust Duration: 270 Advertised Duration: 262 int./270 exh. Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.530 in. Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.530 in. Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.530 int./0.530 exh. lift Lobe Separation (degrees): 112 Intake Valve Lash: 0.000 in. Exhaust Valve Lash: 0.000 in. Computer-Controlled Compatible: Yes Grind Number: 2020 CARB EO Number: D-225-46 Quantity: Sold individually. Camshaft, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Advertised Duration 262/270, Lift .530/.530, Ford, Small Block, Each

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's also called the Crane 2020. I've had that cam and it's considered a stock H.O. replacement because it's so mild, and I threw it in the woods. The F cam would be better than that one.
Tell me what heads and intake you have, I could find a better one for you.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Look at a Trick Flow stage 2 cam...Great performance, good quality, and cheaper. Plus Crane closed doors so tech assistance is not an option. :nono:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I say call around with the mods on your car and custom grind a cam, let them do all the guess work, you just tell them what you want, add some NOS and let them know it before building the cam, and watch your beast turn into THE BEAST

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me what heads and intake you have, I could find a better one for you.
I have the GT-40 heads with a trick flow street burner upper & lower intake. I want a off the shelf cam for now because still plan on S/C it with some different heads but that is later on down the road when i have the money for it. Any ideas help i really have no idea what a good EFI cam is i was always the carbed guy. Thanks

G

·
I have the GT-40 heads with a trick flow street burner upper & lower intake. I want a off the shelf cam for now because still plan on S/C it with some different heads but that is later on down the road when i have the money for it. Any ideas help i really have no idea what a good EFI cam is i was always the carbed guy. Thanks

the gt40 heads work well with the steeda 18 & 1.7 rr's.....

G

·
REG, I just may try this cam to see how it is. I have no doubt you know what you are talking about, and my curiousity is killing me.:happyhapp
i built a 306 with gt40 heads & intake (ported & polished of course)

and steeda 18 w/1.7's and 100 shot the car went 11.50's all day

the car did have very good suspension and those numbers were on a DR

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Yeah Reggie you speak of this cam combo alot so what did the car run off spray and what else did it have?

G

·
Yeah Reggie you speak of this cam combo alot so what did the car run off spray and what else did it have?

it had just standard bolt ons....

upgrade the fuel system....

3.73's

it did have a tune.....

i think it ran 12.8's on motor it was a while ago....

as i have said many times over the secret is in suspension

i like to build them from the ground up.....:)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Not too much difference between cams for EFI and carb, you just have to have the computer be able to compensate for the cams characteristics such as the idle quality.

I would go with the Steeda 18, it's impressive and is very powerful. I'd favor this over any of the Ford cams.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_18_street_camshaft.php

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.