Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a set of brand new GT40X heads for my 88 LX and i am going to do the cams at the same time. I will be running this on my stock intake manifold for the meantime, and i would like to know what a good cam set up is. I have heard that the E and or B 303 are good but i have also head that they are a bit dated. How well would the Trickflow stage 1 or 2 do or i have heard good things about Comp cams.

The rest of my setup consists of; MAC shorty headers to flowmaster H-Pipe (no cats) and Cold Air and a MAF conversion.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know a lot of guys run the e-303 cam, I have 3 friends who run the TF stage one cam, with the P heads and carbs, and those combos consistentlly make power and reliability, just my opinion.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Yes, the Ford cams are an old design but that doesn't really matter because they're proven performers. The TFS cams are fast becoming the new E303... everybody's getting the same cam. There's also lots that Comp Cams has to offer, it's up to what you want out of the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went with a comp cam myself, its prolly best to decide what kind of power band you want to work in, if you want to run it with a stock intake you should look for a cam with a power range of idle-5500, if you get a more radical cam that had a power band up in the 1500-6000 range(many diff cams in this area roughly) your stock intake won't be able to flow what your motor wants to flow, so that will be a limiting factor.

I personally chose to do my engine build all at once so that I could put together a combination that would work well together right from the get go. I personally don't know what over camming your intake flow will do to performance, but I would think it might go almost worse than better til you get a new intake. Then of course you'll need bigger injectors...and the list just goes on...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks VFAST, do you have a GT40 intakes availiable? i have a chance to pick up a lightly used Trickflow (not entirly certain if it is the street or track heat model) for $350 but the GT40 better works in the RPM range i would like be using as i dont se my daily driver at 5500rpm offten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.