Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Mustang forum so obviously there are going to be many biased opinions, but be as honest as possible please.
Not entirely about Mustangs, but I have two options.

Given the choice between the 2011 Mustang V6 Premium, and the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L Grand Touring which car would you choose and why?

For me, it's kinda hard to choose;

-I like the Mustang Premium Trim Interior more than I like the interior in the Hyundai.

-I also think the Hyundai Genesis has the better looking exterior.

-The Genesis also looks sportier and probably feels alot sportier once inside (not to mention paddle shifters!).

-In terms of performance, the 2011 Mustang V6 is faster, but not as smooth as the Genesis (3.73 Gears stock on the 3.8L Genesis, 2.73 on the Stang, slap on a 3.73 on the Stang and I am sure the Stang would have won on the drag race even though it was an automatic). It's a tough call, someone help me out???

Also take a quick glance at this article guys. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1102_2011_chevrolet_camaro_vs_dodge_challenger_vs_ford_mustang_vs_hyundai_genesis_coupe_v_6_comparison/specs.html

Genesis beat the 2011 Mustang V6, but again Genesis had the edge because of the Gears, and I would assume the paddle shifters helped some.

B

·
0 Posts
The Genesis Coupe was one of the cars I considered before buying my v6 Mustang. I think if you compare stock on the track the Hyundai wins. But I think overall the Mustang is more refined. You can actually order 3.31 gears stock for the Mustang which would cure some of your acceleration concerns. Plus I think the aftermarket is much larger for the Mustang than the Genesis coupe.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well if I was to buy a new coupe in that range I'd sure look at the Honda Accord, I think it's a great looking/driving car

B

·
0 Posts
I just reread that article from February. Basically that Mustang is a base model. If you get a manual with 3.31s or a performance package you would blow the Genesis away. Paddle shifters don't really help unless it's a DSG type setup. It's better to just let the computer manage the shifts in that case.

Some other points to consider is that the Mustang makes more than 305hp if you put premium in the tank. It also gets better gas mileage than the Hyundai. It's also less expensive.

·
Registered
203 Posts
just get the genesis! its a better looking car and the interior actually feels like sportscar! you speed limiter goes higher then on the v6 mustang with only 115mph!!
ohhh and THE best you dont get bashed from GT owners !!!!! jep some are really *^&^%^*&

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I looked at the 4cyl turbo model (the sixer was too much $$$)
They are sweet cars.

It all matters what you like you know.

I think they are both great looking cars. The Genesis is a little smaller inside. Personally, I'd take the stang probably. It's the cooler car to me. Plus you can do all types of mods. Not sure how mod friendly the Genesis is.

If you put 3.73/4.10 on that sixer, you'll blow the Genesis out of the water.

BTW dont worry about what the dumb GT owners say. People that talk smack about other's possessions are worthless. Who cares what anyone thinks? Get the ride that will make you the most happy. Plus it's something you'll have to live with for a while, so pick the one you really want.:bigthumbsup

Subliminal messaging Get the stang Get the stang Get the stang!:winks

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is a joke, right! Pull back the carpet on the Hundai and you'll be able to read "Budweiser":gringreen

The Ford will be still running when the Hundai is rusting in the weeds.

I'm not anti-asian cars, we race 3 Hondas. But a Hundai!:nogrinner

·
Registered
702 Posts
No matter what year and trim it is, a Mustang can look good, give the owner a sense of pride, and is a car worth taking care of.

I know when I see a 10-15 year old mustang on the road, I feel pretty good. When I see a 10-15 year old Hyundai on the road, i am generally disgusted. I doubt that trend will change. Good luck having pride in your 10 year old Hyundai like you can in a 10 year old Mustang.

Also, the hyundai probably devalues like a rock kicked off a bridge.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I wouldn't trade my V6 PP for ANYTHING in the price range (24k). With a 30k budget, there are much more options. Just test drive both until you make a decision. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
415 Posts
A Hyundai, really??? You can put a dress on a pig but it still is a PIG!!!
Don't be fooled just by some stats, stats are like a bikini...they tell you a lot but usually cover up the most important parts!
The V6 Mustang is the real deal not some dressed up wannabe. I bought the GT because I can afford to be impractical and it is a weekend track toy.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Never been a fan of the insect looking front end of the Genesis coupe but it's not a bad car. Really you have to go with the car that you like the best regardless of what random internet posters have to say.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I guess a lot of people can't, or choose not to read. Hyundai has gotten excellent ratings and reviews over the last couple of years.

Right now, they have the nicest looking and all around best bang for the buck cars on the market, the Elantra. For a family sedan, I'd be proud to own one:bigthumbsup They have the Genesis coupe which is a kickass car for the sport lovers. And the Sonata turbo for those who dont want a small coupe but still wanna have a little fun.

Watch out for Kia and Hyundai over the next decade to replace and then dominate Honda and Toyota in sales. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
124 Posts
To me the Genesis doesn't look like a pony car, but that's just me. In the end it's up to you, but I like my GT more and more everyday. :yup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Logically, the Hyundai makes more sense. (lower price, more standard features, longer warranty)

Was in the same boat when I was looking for my GT.. Liked the styling on all aspects of the car except the front end.. jus' didn't do anything for me...

Having driven the Genesis Hyundai sedan as a rental, I was impressed with Hyundai interior quality, fit and finish.

The "R" version's base price and options are attractive, but with only 300 HP in a 3400 lb car, would likely perform adequately, but the additional 100 hp on the GT knocked the Genesis off the list.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I think the Genesis is an ugly car. I've never driven one and that's because of how it looks. Naturally, "beauty is in the eye..."

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know what it is but the fact that the new Genesis gives y you that ultimate sporty feeling and that it gives the closest feeling to a infiniti g37. out gives you that older more mature feeling when sittng in it, opposed to driving a Mustang where it is slightly faster it feels like a less mature and meant for the teens now of days, which is exactly what I am a teen. I drove both already, im a valet driver I drove just about every car a teen would dream of owning.

At this point even driving both cars wasnt enough for me to decide. When I sit in the mustang im a little higher off the ground feel more beefy. The Genesis is closer to the ground feels more like it was meant to be a sports car, closer feeling to the cars like the m3 and what not. Need help =(

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
It was interesting to me that aside from the paddle shifters, Ford and Hyundai seemed to be trading interior concepts with each other, as the "bells and whistles" were nearly identical in concept and placement. I personally don't care for the Genesis, but I wish the Mustang seats hugged me the way the Genesis coupe seats did when I tried it out. But seats are all I really liked about it. The Genesis just felt too small. And I agree that 10-15 years from now, the Genesis will just be one more raggedy old import. The Mustang, on the other hand, will likely have a larger market when it comes time to sell, or at least a longer-lasting following if you decide to keep it. I say go for the Pony.

·
Registered
66 Posts
well if I was to buy a new coupe in that range I'd sure look at the Honda Accord, I think it's a great looking/driving car
yeah. Buy yourself one first! FWD vs RWD????

I test drove Genesis 2.0 & 3.8 and Mustang V6 and V8 before I brought mine.
Hyundai looks puny compared to Mustang...
Take it to 80, Hyundai did not feel as planted as Mustang...
Mustang has a big aftermarket support and the only car that has personality....

·
Registered
43 Posts
just get the genesis! its a better looking car and the interior actually feels like sportscar! you speed limiter goes higher then on the v6 mustang with only 115mph!!
ohhh and THE best you dont get bashed from GT owners !!!!! jep some are really *^&^%^*&
The Mustang isn't speed limited. It's RPM limited. If you just slam your foot to the ground, your RPMS will max out around 115. If your control your acceleration, you can get the car up much higher. I've gotten my v6 up past 130, and I'm sure it could have gone faster.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.