Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did only the HO cars have EZTE heads or did the non HO's have them too? If so, which cars had EZTE's? Im thinking about going to the junkyard and getting some EZTE heads if a few cars like LTDs and such have them, then I can port them, thanks guys

·
Registered
471 Posts
The E7TE(not EZTE) heads were available on '87-'95 Mustangs, Lincolns, and T-Birds with the 5.0 H.O engine. Non H.O.'s came with the crappy E6SE heads. You can also find E7's on 5.0 trucks as well. Also, '85-'86 trucks had E5TE heads, which are the same as the E7's. The Part# was updated to E7 when Ford borrowed them from the truck line for the '87 Mustang.

As a side note, '96-'01 Explorers and Mountaniers came equipped with either GT40('96-early'97), or GT40P(Late'97-01)heads and intakes. These would be much better than E7's to start with.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EZTE, thats funny. It must have been really late when i typed that... :) I know the GT40 stuff would be better to start with, but they are really hard to find in a junkyard, and I dont want the P's because I dont want to have to worry about exhaust manifold selection. I didnt know that Lincolns were HO though, thats good to know. Maybe i will look at the trucks too, they must have a few lyin around in the junkyard... Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you find the E7TE's on H.O. Equipped Crown Vics? I always see Crown Vics around my local junkyard. I found a complete 89 H.O. engine at the junk yard yesterday. Where do you look to see if it says E7TE? Valve covers?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should be stamped on the actual head. Ive never seen an HO Crown Vic, Im pretty sure they had the granny 5.0L's, but they may have made a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.