Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can clear up a couple of coil spring questions for me. My 92LX Convertible is tired of running its Mushy Ford Motorsport progressive rate springs. I want to go to a Good Specific Rate spring but can't seem to find anyone who makes them for a V8 convertible. My question is, what is exactly the difference between a coupe spring and a convertible spring? Can I run a coupe spring? I have heard good things about the Eibach Road Race Spring and would like to run them if possible. I'm a serious Autocrosser in C Prepared. Or maybe someone has any ideas? Thanks ~ Mark

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
The difference is the spring pressure or length (depending on vendor), since converts weight more.

Use a rate of around 600 to 700 lbs with adjustable struts, you dont need a convert specific rate, but use a spring that lowers the car no more than 1 1/4".

Or you have other choice, convert to coilovers, you can use lower rate springs, which also weight less and you will have ride height adjustability. There are vendors that sell coilovers that can be used with stock A arms, i think Maximum Motorsports has coilovers that can be used with KYBs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.