Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mac CAI, but was thinking of getting a K & N because everyone says they are better. What I want to know is it worth it to get one and sell my mac?

·
Registered
131 Posts
After a few months of decision making, I just baught my k&n last night on ebay for $170 shipped new.

K&N was my choice :winks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice choice, refer to sig.!:thumbsup

·
Registered
436 Posts
K&N all the way!...

·
Registered
2 Posts
MAC CAI is gets way too hot with the engine temperature, the best choice would be a densecharger, or also called tunable perfomance now, i tracked the guy down to demolet.com he is great to deal with, this is one of the best mods i could have ever done to my car to see mods please go to http://lxhxr.com/mods.txt he gave me a good deal, calibrated to 19lb injector 85mm MAF pro-m and full lenght cold air intake for $350 or something like that. :dunce:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you think about the new K & N typhoon? Is it better or does it just have a different look?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G

·
Just get the FIPK... It makes more power. If you are going for looks, go for the typhoon... But I still say, hands down, FIPK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a MAC cai cromed and of course the crome flaked off and now it rusts. I would go with either k&n or C&L which will look better and last longer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Since I am going with the BBK 75MM Throttle Body & the BBK Intake Plenum (from Brothers Performance), I am going with the BBK C.A.I. Kit. I just figured that having all the components from the same manufacturer would insure proper fit all the way through the installation of mods.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'll probably be the only person to actually say my MAC parts are worth what I paid for them. If you get anything chromed, you have to do some polishing from time to time. I've had this particular CAI for over two and a half years and it still shines like new money when I get done rubbing it a little. My exhaust has been on for 9 months or so and the coating is still intact and have had no problems ever getting it to seal up and fit properly. I'm not saying MAC is the greatest in the world, but I see so many MAC haters in various places that someone has to play the other side. I'm a satisfied MAC customer so I reckon I can handle that task.

G

·
I had a Mac CAI on my 95 v6 stang and it never rusted the year i had it. I have the MAC x-pipe on my car now and has a little surface rust in spots but nothing abnormal. It fit well except one of the holes where the bolts bolted in, on the flange was not tapped properly. Almost screwed up the whole install but we made it work. No biggie! Altho the CAI looked good, i recommend my FIPK i have now. Seems like a better made product to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok i sold my mac on ebay, put my stock air induction back on, and ordered a K & N. Thanks to all for your much apreheciated input!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have any of you who are running the K & N FIPK left the carbon trap out contrary to the instructions? If you have, have you had any problems with the check engine light?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.