Votes: 5 16.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help me decide on the color. I have narrowed it down to red, chrome, or Ford blue powder coating. I have included a pic of the current engine to help. I will be doing this myself so I may add red flake to the chrome if I go that direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
I voted red kinda keep the color combo, but if itwas mine I think black would be my choice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I LOOOOVE MUSTANGS IN RED!!!! I would give my left testicle for a red mustang of my choosing! Go with the red it will be very sexy to accent your red with red because the engine is mostly black, same for your interior mods red and black all the way!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm going a different direction than the current posts. I'm going to suggest Ford Blue.
It offsets the red and black currently under the hood. I'm afraid that chrome (although it would look great) would get lost with your current set up. Blue could add some 'pop'.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Because most in the Engine Bay is black, various billet caps and especially the Chrome Cam Covers look absolutely great. Second choice would be Ford Blue...:winks

·
Registered
167 Posts
RED! Even a little bit of body color under the hood gives a high dollar custom look.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone with pics of the red cam covers?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I voted "red". Instead of powder coating have them epoxy coated. I got mine done in black by "HardKore Metal Finishing". I know he has one set of 05-06 covers in stock and two 07-09 covers also. Epoxy coating is stronger than powder coating and can be applied easier. I also had my front calipers, CAI tube done and cam covers done in black.

The other good thing about epoxy coating is that it'll match your car paint a lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I voted "red". Instead of powder coating have them epoxy coated. I got mine done in black by "HardKore Metal Finishing". I know he has one set of 05-06 covers in stock and two 07-09 covers also. Epoxy coating is stronger than powder coating and can be applied easier. I also had my front calipers, CAI tube done and cam covers done in black.

The other good thing about epoxy coating is that it'll match your car paint a lot better.
Thanks for the tip but I already have the powder coat set up so it will save me a tone of money. I just did some parts for a guys Volkswagon in black wrinkle and it looked really good. I may test a red wrinkle on a bracket and see what it looks like. I always like to be a little diffrent than everyone else.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I'm getting mine done in black when i eventually get them done :) I think black is sleek looking under the hood

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
RED enough said.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.