Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which disc brakes are better for a classic mustang, the original type kelsey hanes 4 piston set-up or a granada disc setup. I think Welcome to CSRP sells both and they are both the same price, one comes with spindles, I am guessing the granada one, and the other doesn't come with spindles.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well, there's a guy on here, starts with 66****. Can't remember the rest of it, added his input on these brake conversion and he said they are great and inexpensive, and the owner I was emailing with was very helpful. Since I have a V8 and if you do also, you don't need the ones with the spindles. I think the part number is the swap .1 which basically fits perfect to your spindles on the car already and it's for like 525 for the kit. Thinking of buying this Friday, since I ended up having to buy more, and more and more parts to get my engine ready. Think it's really worth it, rather than spending on a Wilwood name.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Stock 4 piston MUSTANG Brakes have bigger rotors as well, will not bump steer as the Granada do, and with stock Mustang you won't have the tie rod issues to fight.

Dan @ Chockostang
Chockostangclassicmustang.com

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
+1 on CSRP
If you have a V8 go with the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston kit on your 65. An I6 car will need to use the re-engineered spindles with the single piston caliper. Both kits are $524.
CSRP came out with the KH kit after I bought mine and I would have gone with it instead of the single piston. But I really like the way the car stops quick and in a straight line.
Pictures: Front Disk Brakes

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.