Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GTCS Auto with 3.15 gears and was wondering which GT500 or Boss 302 engine/suspension/brake items are swappable with 2011 GT? Looking to scour some takeoffs to upgrade the Mustang if possible. Looking to see if things like throttle bodies, mass air meters, shocks, struts, springs, swaybars, brakes, etc. are swappable or not. Thanks for any help and guidance!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Suspension/Brake upgrades will all fit. Engine parts will only fit similar ones, meaning boss 302 parts will fit a 5.0. The GT500 engine parts won't (it's a different engine).

So basically, chassis parts are a go, engine parts have to be of the same family.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The Boss as a whole is a good value.

You can get a better suspention elsewhere. Koni/Steeda.

The Boss is a great car but, if you have a GT look for better parts, don't try to copy the Boss.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm seriously looking at the 'performance pack' wheels that come on the new GT500....19" in front, 20" in back...very expensive wheels but an awesome look. But, still need to research any changes necessitated (if any) by adding the 20" in back.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Boss as a whole is a good value.

You can get a better suspention elsewhere. Koni/Steeda.

The Boss is a great car but, if you have a GT look for better parts, don't try to copy the Boss.
So even if someone's after, say, the adjustable shocks alone, there are better options than the Boss parts?

I wouldn't mind shoring up the rebound a little - got a ten-year-old F-car on Bilsteins that feels better buttoned down in that regard, even if it's vastly inferior in every other respect. Guess I'll check and see what's going on in the suspension threads...

G

·
0 Posts
So even if someone's after, say, the adjustable shocks alone, there are better options than the Boss parts?
Yes, both Tokico D-Specs and the Koni Yellows(when they are available again) are top of the adjustable stock style suspension, not including coilover setups like AST or other hardcore racing brands.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The brakes and wheels would be the best parts to scavenge. As for the Boss throttle body, it's 80mm same as normal 5.0.

Shocks and springs would be nice, but I agree that there are better options. I'm looking to get a full set of Tokico-D shocks in a few months as my first upgrade, as I loath the rebound as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The brakes and wheels would be the best parts to scavenge. As for the Boss throttle body, it's 80mm same as normal 5.0.

Shocks and springs would be nice, but I agree that there are better options. I'm looking to get a full set of Tokico-D shocks in a few months as my first upgrade, as I loath the rebound as well.

Without going to other aftermarket parts would you (or anyone else) recommend the GT500 shocks, springs, struts, swaybars, etc OR the BOSS items or the Ford Racing package?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Without going to other aftermarket parts would you (or anyone else) recommend the GT500 shocks, springs, struts, swaybars, etc OR the BOSS items or the Ford Racing package?
If you want to stay in the Ford family, I'd narrow the choices down to the following:

Option 1 - GT500 shocks and struts with stock springs or FRPP springs. Stock swaybars. GT500 springs and sways are designed for a much heavier car and won't give you the best results. The stock GT shocks are very strange, and I've found that the GT500 units ride and handle better.

Option 2 - Boss 302 parts. It'll handle like a Boss 302. Nuff said.

Option 3 - FRPP kit - very popular, made largely of other aftermarket components but tested to work together properly.

It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing what you intend to do and where you intend to drive, and how much you're willing to spend. The Boss 302 parts-bin approach will cost the most, and probably not perform appreciably better than the FRPP route.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts