Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey will ive decided to make my 5.0 a 331 now but am not sure on which head/intake/cam to go with. i will be rebuildin the motor myself with the help of my old man to save many so i can put more into the motor. any sugestion would be awsome ive heard lots about afr heads but which size would i want to use on my car 165cc or 185 and which intake thx for any and all help.
also will i need to upgrade my fuel pump in the tank and will i need bigger injectors??? i have no idea about the injectors. and what kind of hp/torque will i be lookin at when am done ??

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'd use the AFR 185s on a 331 with an RPMII or a Holley. You'll need at elast 24# or maybe 30# injectors and yes, put a 190+lph fuel pump in the tank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also what kind of cam does anybody sugest with this set up im lookin to make the most power that i can and which size throttle body would a 70mm be big enough??? will i need to put a better coolin system on my car with this engine or will the stock water pump and rad be good enough??

·
Registered
398 Posts
look at an e cam from ford......70mm will be plenty big enough.....and yes, the stock will be fine for that set up......

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much rwhp should i get withs this set up??? im lookin to make lots but what is relistic??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.