Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986 GT ya'll know what I have for heads if you know 86 stangs . Now can anyone tell me what heads I can use for this motor with the flat top pistons. I wanted to get the GT-40X heads but I cant use them with the flattie unless I notch the pistons. Now I dont want to go crazy since it is a ragtop and its going to be for cruizing and to piss the Hondas and such off. Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
221 Posts
dude the only and best head you can safely use is trick flow twisted wedge bcause of your flat tops and they have special combustion chambers i ran in the same problem with my old 86 you can run any head but the valves will be way too close to the pistons and if you miss a gear bang ,,,,,,,there goes the valve and piston the trick flow heads are good too you can run a f camor a trick flow stage one cam in the set up and b fine

im a bit of an 86 expert you have e56 castings which are one year only castings on the fox 87 and are e7s but the flat tops and stock heads work well together my 86 went low 13s on 3:55s and bolt ons plus cam the biggest problem is the lack of mass air you dont have to install it i didnt but youll never get the idle right it will surge up and down but not that bad i never minded it

allso if you dont install mass air youll never beable to tune the car right for the 24lb injectors needed for them heads

oh yeah just checked my shed i got a set of fresh trick flows in good shape let meknow if ya wana buy them i think im gonna put em on ebay soon

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Glad you know the 1986 dude, you'll get a lot of attention with the 86 specific questions here. Bad thing is this post is almost 3 years old so I doubt you'll get his interest. If you want, put it in our classifieds too if you want as well as ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.