1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

ill be joining the 5.0 club in two weeks with a 87-92 foxbody coming up
gotta get it running nice and strong for a 15 year old ish engine

hopefully going to get a shop rebuild the motor since i dont have the time nor tools in order to do that let alone the know how

im pretty confident on installing an intake manifold, thinking about an edelbrock one possibly? maybe a cobra one instead? and a good throttle body and k and n intake, ne suggestions there?

but wow these heads are just driving me crazy, there are so many out there with all sorts of different numbers, i get the basics on how they work, but i have no idea which one i should or shouldnt get, when the engine is rebuilt ill hopefully swap in a mild cam, something for everyday use and im shooting for the mid 300 hp range, you've got the gt-40, p and x, alum tfs, edelbrock as well and ive heard many good things about the afr... what do yall personally like and what will show the gains with out increasing compresson too much lol

full exhaust system as well, im thinking bbk shorty's to a bbk x pipe with cats to 2 super 40 flowmasters and then just dump it there where it cant be seen and to top that off im gunna get myself some 4.10s, so much to think about but you guys r the experts and have experimented with this stuff first hand so im at ur will

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah ive heard crazy things about them, but i they r a tid bit very expensive at nearly 1400 haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
i would not buy any from ford you can buy afr 165's (i love those) or TFS TW they are very good too with TFS street heat intake or performer! then run 24pounders, 70mm TB, stage 1 cam from TFS.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I like my trickflow combo A LOT.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Trick Flow and AFR are among the best heads out right now. Whatever you do, make sure the heads, intake, and cam are matched. The Edelbrock is dubbed the best all around intake, but Trick Flow's go perfect with their heads and cam.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do yall know what the trick flow pacakge, with the cam, intake and heads are rated for when put together?

·
Registered
57 Posts
if youre only shooting for 300 range hp, id say you dont need any expensive heads. Get some gt-40's off a junked 97 explorer, new cam, new gears, bigger headers. Also have the engine shop put in some high compression performance pistions bigger injectors and im sure you would be in the range your looking for for under the price of the 1400 $ heads youve been looking at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i was thinking about doing that... but as we all know when you get a taste of power... you will always want more, so im going to set myself up for a supercharger down the line and get a good set as it is now, but yeah im def going to get a set of the trick flow track heat, ive heard nothing but good things

·
Registered
28 Posts
It looks like there are a bunch of options. I've read that some heads require changing the pistons for plug clearance??? Is there a good head/cam package that will simply bolt on a stock lower end?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.