Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i'm now in the market to buy some high flow cats to have put on my off road h pipe. the parentals discovered that my car isn't street legal and that didnt really go over too well with them.

anyways the only ones i have found that are cost efficient are pypes' set and SLP's set. i can get the SLP's for $220 and the pypes' for $170. with the SLP's is it just the name that costs more? is it worth the extra $50?

here are some links:

pypes:
Pypes High Flow Ceramic Catalytic Converter Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

SLP:
SLP High Flow Catalytic Converter Kit (96-08) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or basically does anyone have a pypes mid pipe? the cats are the same ones that are on the pypes catted mid pipes. has anyone had any problems with them?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I would suggest to just keep your h-pipe and buy some cats for it. I have tried to find an aftermarket catted h-pipe, but am unsuccessful so far. The only thing I've been able to find is the MRT h-pipe, but that's like 525 dollars. It would just be cheaper to buy the Pypes cats and have a shop weld them in.

Hopefully someone else will have some input. I've been thinking about doing this myself

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest to just keep your h-pipe and buy some cats for it. I have tried to find an aftermarket catted h-pipe, but am unsuccessful so far. The only thing I've been able to find is the MRT h-pipe, but that's like 525 dollars. It would just be cheaper to buy the Pypes cats and have a shop weld them in.

Hopefully someone else will have some input. I've been thinking about doing this myself
lol that's what i am planing on doing. i was asking anyone if they have pypes brand catted mid pipes because the cats pypes uses on the mid pipes are the same as the ones i can buy.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or if you guys know any other companies that sell just the high flow cats please let me know so i can check them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.