Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the drama about the engine knock and MT82 woes (neither of which I am experiencing btw) I'm wanting to steer clear of any power adding mods for a while and focus more on cosmetic mods.

One of the main cosmetic mods I'm wanting to do is a different hood. I'm kinda torn between 2 different hoods. The cervinis c-Style "elanore" hood and the Trufiber ram air hood.

I can get both of them for more or less the same price shipped to our local body shop so price isn't the deciding factor here.

I'm not looking for anything fancy or showy. The super snake style ram air hood is too agressive looking for me personally and I'm not the biggest fan of big cowl hoods.

Each of these hoods seems to have a nice look to them but not overstated style.

My biggest question though that's making me lean more towards the cervinis hood at the moment is whether or not I will run into problems with the ram air hood and rain once I put an open filter intake on the car. I know that companies like APEXI make a special sock that covers the cone making it (according to them) water proof and prevents hydro-lock but I still am not sure how comfortable I'd be with a lot of water being dumped into the engine area. I assume that this is what would happen but if not, I'm curious to know why it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm uneducated on how true ram air hoods cope with the elements.

So anyways, any opinions or comments and experience with ram air hoods + heavy rain would be welcome.

I'm hoping to order one of the two within the next couple of months once I have the $$ saved up to have it painted and installed (about $500).

·
Registered
676 Posts
IMHO, I prefer the c-Style "elanore" hood ..... not 'feeling' the ram air.
Cervini quality has always ben regarded as very high.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I can't really tell how the lines of the second hood look from that picture, but I'm not crazy about the "Elanore" hood.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I don't like neither of these hoods... My favorite hood remains the S302 Saleen one. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like neither of these hoods... My favorite hood remains the S302 Saleen one. :bigthumbsup
I dig that one too but it would cost over $2000 to get that one + paint and mounting. It's nice but not an extra $900 nice.

That price to get only fiberglass is absolutely insane.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Yeah I know, expensive it is... Maybe that's the price to pay to be different, but yeah, the price is a killer...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I don't like any of those.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think the stock "looks" better than either of those. If you are just going for different, toss a coin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.