Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next add on I'm looking at is the hood. I was looking at cervinis ram air, but I've only seen a few pictures of those on a car, and not sure how it'd look. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything? Pictures would help also.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i personally like the super snake hood

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ I do like that, but mines a '10 :( would it still fit?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a gt500 hood, it isnsporty with the heat extractors but not too flashy, if I had to pay for it I would have probably gone for something like a cervinis cowl, a.m. Has a pretty big selection of hoods what kind of look are you going for, slick, sporty, aggressive?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a gt500 hood, it isnsporty with the heat extractors but not too flashy, if I had to pay for it I would have probably gone for something like a cervinis cowl, a.m. Has a pretty big selection of hoods what kind of look are you going for, slick, sporty, aggressive?
I was looking for something with heat extractors. Not slick, but I guess you could say an aggressive/sporty look. I was thinking of the gt500, but didn't know if itd fit, and if it did, how much is the hood individually? And then how much would it be to have it painted?

·
Registered
344 Posts
That V Fiber GT S 1 hood looked really nice, IMO

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've got this in white... great buy!
how is the material? would it fit perfect and match the body lines? did you need modify anything or was it bolt on?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was looking for something with heat extractors. Not slick, but I guess you could say an aggressive/sporty look. I was thinking of the gt500, but didn't know if itd fit, and if it did, how much is the hood individually? And then how much would it be to have it painted?
I don't know if the 05-09 hoods fit on your years but try to find out if they do, if you like mine ilk sell it to you for cheap

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
how is the material? would it fit perfect and match the body lines? did you need modify anything or was it bolt on?
ZERO modifications needed. Very clean and very happy. I'll eventualy snap a few pics.

I'd like to thank the Heavens (and State Farm) for one of Arizona'a rarest hail storms. Without which, this insurance-sponsored, zero deductable, addition would not have been possible :D

The only thing I'll add is that if I didn't have a body kit, it would appear to be missing something with that type of hood. Also in Phoenix, there's plenty of sand and pebbles kicked up on the highway.. so you tend to hear them inside when opening up the hood... very minor though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apologies for the iphone pics, but you get the idea. Hood lines run well with the fenders and as mentioned. It fit perfectly with all factory hardware on the 1st try according to the shop. No trimming, shimming or what have you.

For me... the vents just felt like they were missing something, hence the white lights. All light sources cleanly hidden away(Rich at bbtcustoms.com). Halos and clear corners en route.

Some say ANY lights are rice, some say otherwise.... I draw the line with underbodies or different colors...

But that's just my styling. Hope this helps! :winks

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
531 Posts
Apologies for the iphone pics, but you get the idea. Hood lines run well with the fenders and as mentioned. It fit perfectly with all factory hardware on the 1st try according to the shop. No trimming, shimming or what have you.

For me... the vents just felt like they were missing something, hence the white lights. All light sources cleanly hidden away(Rich at bbtcustoms.com). Halos and clear corners en route.

Some say ANY lights are rice, some say otherwise.... I draw the line with underbodies or different colors...

But that's just my styling. Hope this helps! :winks
hands down the sickest hood available. i think i will paint the vents on top black. that hood is clean and aggressive. nice looking stang :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
448 Posts
yeah, I definitely want one. Aftermarket headers sure don't hold heat the way the stock iron ones do.

·
Registered
226 Posts
im guessing since you have a 2010 it won't fit right because of the different bumpers and fenders...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts