Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, which is the better tuner? There is a tuner one town over that swears by diablo, but then again thats the product they sell. One town over in the opposite direction swears by SCT but then again thats what they sell. The guys with the SCT prolly know more about what they are doing than the guys with the Diablo. Plus he was telling me about what they were doing down at the NRMAs. He said he was finding people with Diablos that were questioning what supposedly made the SCT better than the Diablo. Well he said he couldnt really give them a cool answer, just that he gauranteed them that he could make more power with their car and make the AFRs better and safer and make it run better than their car did with their Diablo. And he sold several on the bet that if he could get more power and a prettier AFR they would buy it and get rid of the Diablo but if he couldnt make more power than they didnt owe him a dime. And he always made more power. Plus he was actually sent to SCT in Florida to be trained on actually how to properly use their software and tune cars without any confusion and pretty much hit it right on the first time every time. But which do you all think is better?

·
Registered
364 Posts
They're both essentially the same. You'll get people who swear one is better than another -- but it's really like a Ford vs Chevy fight.

Best bet: get the one that is supported by the Dyno place you want to use.

87_5point0 said:
Just like the title says, which is the better tuner? There is a tuner one town over that swears by diablo, but then again thats the product they sell. One town over in the opposite direction swears by SCT but then again thats what they sell. The guys with the SCT prolly know more about what they are doing than the guys with the Diablo. Plus he was telling me about what they were doing down at the NRMAs. He said he was finding people with Diablos that were questioning what supposedly made the SCT better than the Diablo. Well he said he couldnt really give them a cool answer, just that he gauranteed them that he could make more power with their car and make the AFRs better and safer and make it run better than their car did with their Diablo. And he sold several on the bet that if he could get more power and a prettier AFR they would buy it and get rid of the Diablo but if he couldnt make more power than they didnt owe him a dime. And he always made more power. Plus he was actually sent to SCT in Florida to be trained on actually how to properly use their software and tune cars without any confusion and pretty much hit it right on the first time every time. But which do you all think is better?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a SCT X-cal tuner for my 97 GT 5spd and I love it. My dealer told me that after you purchase the unit he can fine tune the air fuel mix, timing, and other functions via his laptop for any future mods that I do to my car (heads,cams,long tubes,ect) for an extra 75.00 per program. I paid 375.00 for the SCT X-cal and it was loaded with a performance 93 oct. & 87 oct. program. He went online to download the current program before he uploaded it in my car. He will sell you any programer that you can afford.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jokers97GT said:
I have a SCT X-cal tuner for my 97 GT 5spd and I love it. My dealer told me that after you purchase the unit he can fine tune the air fuel mix, timing, and other functions via his laptop for any future mods that I do to my car (heads,cams,long tubes,ect) for an extra 75.00 per program. I paid 375.00 for the SCT X-cal and it was loaded with a performance 93 oct. & 87 oct. program. He went online to download the current program before he uploaded it in my car. He will sell you any programer that you can afford.
Well I guess that means I'm gonna be having a Diablo Predator for sale here very soon. The new shop Im gonna start going to has all the SCT stuff so Im gonna have to have that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.